cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purge Policy Update

siddiqir
Level 4

I am running EV 9.0.4. I would like to update message purge policy. We would like to get rid of all messages older than 5 year. I also like to make sure journaling mailbox also have 5 year purge policy. Where can I make those changes in EV admin console? Once the changes has been made how can I verify old messages has been purged?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

All you need to do is update the associated retention policy to 5 years and run expiry (unless you are using something like a Centera).  The expiry report should give you the informaiton you need, or you can do a search for anything over 5 years old.  Bear in mind that depending on the size of the environment it may take a while to expire all the emails.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

All you need to do is update the associated retention policy to 5 years and run expiry (unless you are using something like a Centera).  The expiry report should give you the informaiton you need, or you can do a search for anything over 5 years old.  Bear in mind that depending on the size of the environment it may take a while to expire all the emails.