cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question related to Exch Online and Enterprise Vault 12

Andy297
Level 4

Hello,

our company is migrating users mailboxes to Exchange online.

In Germany, we will still need Enterprise Vault to fulfil archiving requirements. I now try to cover information from the whitepapers regarding the future scenario of our Vault Environment but I am unsure about a few points.

- I can see the Vault.cloud is now promoted for a solution to Exchange online archiving. Is this a service offered with Data Centers managed by Veritas in different countries ?

- Will Archiving with EV 12 be possible in the same scenario also as we do have it now ? With the Enterprise Vault Server connecting to the Exchange Online Cloud and archiving Emails to a local server we have on site here ? Or is only the Vault.Cloud a possible solution here ?

Thanks for any information on this toppic.

Regards

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy297
Level 4

Hello Gertjan,

thank you for your response. I contacted a Sales person now and explained them my situation. They come back to me with details :)

Have a nice day.

Regards

Andreas

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Andreas,

I believe you cannot perform normal mailbox archiving having EV on-prem, archive from O365.

You can only perform Journal Archiving from O365, as you can then have a target journal mailbox defined (meaning you need an on-prem exchange server to host that) or you can use smtp (journal) archiving I believe, so have O365 send mail to an smtp address routed to on prem EV server. Your best information you should be able to get from a Veritas SE, who can explain what the options are.

Regards. Gertjan

Andy297
Level 4

Hello Gertjan,

thank you for your response. I contacted a Sales person now and explained them my situation. They come back to me with details :)

Have a nice day.

Regards

Andreas

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Vault.cloud is not available in germany. I have tried to do that for a customer in germany. As far as I remember the nearest partner that offers the vault.cloud option was in netherlands or in ireland.

It took me a lot of time to clear this, until some insiders gave me detailed informations.

Andy297
Level 4

thats too bad....could be an issue for us

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Maybe you are lucky and something has changed in the last 3 month. I doubt it though.