cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPC/HTTP / OWA Issues

psuttill
Level 4
I am running EV 8.0.4 on w2k3 with a clustered Exchange 2003 backend with 2 front end owa servers.

For the most part everything in OWA works I can see the icons and restore and archive items. but I cannot use archive explorer or search archives. the prompt for credentials and no matter what i put in they are not accepted and access is denied.

With RPC/HTTP nothing works , I cannot unarchive , archive or search the vaults.

I have followed the setup guides the best i can although i don't find them to straight forward.

Where is the best place for me to start. I tried working with Symantec on this but they pretty much seemed unwilling to help and were driving me nuts. I don't use an ISA either.
2 REPLIES 2

illoolli
Level 3
Partner Certified
You need a direct connection from your FW to EV server for search and archive explorer requests. Follow settting up guide from chapter 9 onwards, it gives few scenarios for configuration. http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/351433.htm

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
If Symantec were unwilling to help ask to speak to the Account manager for your company. I am not a Symantec employee or in any other way affiliated, but I have never seen them be unhelpful.

Otherwise it is a case of making sure you have everything configured as per the guide and then trawling through log files.

Also grab a client trace and post that here when using RPC/HTTP, that will help everyone see where it falls down.