cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders still popping up w/EV2007 SP2

Brian_Day
Level 6

The EV2007 SP2 release notes claim....

Invitees received repeated reminders when meeting requests were archived [Ref 752047, E1144658]

The archiving of meeting requests caused invitees to receive multiple reminders, even after the reminders had been dismissed.

This has been fixed.

We disabled archiving for IPM.Appointment.* and IPM.Schedule.Meeting.* because of this problem when EV2007 RTM came out.

This weekend we upgraded to EV2007 SP2 and turned on IPM.Appointment.* and IPM.Schedule.Meeting.* again to see what would happen. Immediately after the first archive task ran some users complained old meeting reminders were back again. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? I'm tempted to let it run for a week this way to see if it continues to happen or was a freakish one-time thing.

Thanks,

brian

p.s.

I'm going to try and collect the following information from our users in the event that it becomes helpful down the road.

1. Was it a reoccurring meeting or a single-instance meeting?

2. If it was a reoccurring meeting, was it the original meeting instance or one of the subsequent instances?

3. Were there any file attachments before the item was vaulted?

Message Edited by Brian Day on 02-25-2008 01:03 PM
22 REPLIES 22

Bruce_A__Bosco
Level 4
Brian,

With one of your problem items have you tried to restore from vault then re-archive it or delete it from the vault then re-archive it? The tech I was talking to was not sure if the fix worked for items archived previous to sp2 or if it only fixes items going forward.

Bruce

Bruce_A__Bosco
Level 4
Does anyone have any updates on this issue? Do you still have an open case or has it been resolved?

Support closed our ticket with the resolution being we have to upgrade to SP2.

Brian_Day
Level 6
Bruce,

Symantec still thinks it is fixed so we are stuck in the "gotta prove it" phase for now. I need my users to contact me when they get one an then get on a con-call with them and Symantec. One user got one this morning, but was unable to make any free time to get on the phone with us today.