cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove duplicates before/after export to mailbox

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I am currently having an issue where duplicates exist (up to 10 per message) in a large number of archives. This does not affect every mail that's been archived but a significant number. These are only visible in Archive Explorer, every item only has one shortcut. I suppose that these duplicates may have been generated by a too short pending shortcut timeout in the past.

Now we want to export all archives back into their original Mailboxes which conclusively leads to some messages appearing up to 10 times in the mailbox.

As far as I know we have no possibility to detect/delete these duplicates while the elements are still in the archive.

My question is: Does anyone have an idea how to remove these duplicates in a reliable (no wrong messages removed) and efficient (bulk processing for certain mailboxes even with structures of multiple subfolders)?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

TSO
Level 4

Hi Simon

You can use third party tool like Duplicate email remover which is quite reliable, I have used it in the past reliably and it did the job :)

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi TSO,

thanks for your reply. Could you point me directly to the website of this tool (maybe via pm). There seem to exist multiple tools with this exact name.

Thanks and Regards

DavidO
Level 4
Partner

If the ultimate goal is to restore all items to some or all mailboxes, may I suggest you look at our Enterprise Vault Restore product.  This works by finding short-cuts and restoring based on the location of the short-cut, rather than pushing all items from the archive into the mailbox.

Dave

Vault Solutions LLC