cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault - Pending Vault to Vaulted problems

Dugan113
Level 2

All,

Running into problems here with EV. Not really experienced using the product. I have already placed a call to Support and opened a case for assistance, but thought I would throw this out to the community.

We have EV 8.0, with Exchange 2007. We have recently been having problems with our tape library, and backups on Friday of last week (2/4/11) and Monday of this week (2/7/11) did not work. We performed some troubleshooting and get the library running yesterday, and our normal backup schedule ran last night (Tuesday 2/8/11).

On Friday of last week, one of our users, hit her Exchange Quota limit, so we assisted her by vaulting a bunch of her mail. The issue it never vaulted. It is stuck in a pending vault state. On Monday when I got in, I also vaulted all of November 2010 in my mailbox, same thing stuck in a pending state. I realize that I would not see anything move from pending vault to vaulted until the earliest today, because of the backups failing.

At this point though, something is wrong. Our backup job pulls the vault and index locations out of backup with a post command, but just for good measure, I also manually took it out of backup mode twice after the backup completed. In addition to that I have also restarted the index and storage services, and still nothing.

These are also manual initiated vaultings, so there should be no policy or quota problems, but I still can't get it to vault the pending items.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, please let me know if you need additonal info!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

yes that is the search page I was referring to.  So items from Nov 6 thru Nov 30 are pending in your mailbox but not in the archive?

If yes, it sounds like the either the client wasn't able to send the request to archive to the server, EV isn't able to write the archived items to storage, or they are stuck in MSMQ.

Do you have an errors in the EV App log? 

Also, you might want to open a case with Symantec support to help you hands on with this.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

TonySterling

So for the pending items, are they actually in the archive?  Can you search for them via the WebApp search and view them?

maj_rif
Level 4

Hi,

Are you using safty copies? Are you facing problem for all mailboxes or few mailboxes are experienceing the problem.

Regards

Dugan113
Level 2

Just making sure that I understand. When I go to http://servername/enterprisevault

I can bring up my own personal Vault, when I do a search for the month of November 2010, I only see the 1st through the 5th which I had previously vaulted. All email from the 6th through the 30th is not present. Is that the correct location for the webapp, or should I be looking some where else?

Thanks - forgive my ignorance, I am not fully up to speed on EV just yet.

Dugan113
Level 2

We are using safety copeis. However, we have gotten two good backups during the off hours in the last 48. As well as I have restarted both the index and storage services multiple times to kick it, and still nothing.

As of right now, I know of two mailboxes where it is taking place. Mine and another user, that hit her Exchange Quota last week. As a precaution I doubled the Exchange quota limits to protect my other users as well as give me time to resolve. I have also had others in the IT group try to vault single emails, and they are also in a vault pending state and will not vault over.

Thanks!

TonySterling

yes that is the search page I was referring to.  So items from Nov 6 thru Nov 30 are pending in your mailbox but not in the archive?

If yes, it sounds like the either the client wasn't able to send the request to archive to the server, EV isn't able to write the archived items to storage, or they are stuck in MSMQ.

Do you have an errors in the EV App log? 

Also, you might want to open a case with Symantec support to help you hands on with this.

TonySterling

Also, are you sure EV is out of backup mode?

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

If the items are not in the vault that means they didn't get archived and are stuck in the pending state.  You can select those items in OL and click on (or use the menu item) Cancel Operation.  This will revert the items back to normal email items.  You can then attempt to rearchive them.

kr2011
Level 2

i'm a newbie to EV also and having the same issue. Currently i'm using a test email account to practice with but items that I save to vault stay in a pending state.

TonySterling

first questions is what is your safety copy strategy?

Also, please open a new thread so if someone answers your question you can mark that as a solution. 

Here is a link for you that might help you get going with EV.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/hi-i-am-new-ev

Regards,
Tony