cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Mail over OWA

Philip_Major
Level 4
We have an external user accessing OWA via the web to retrieve an email.

However they seem to be getting a "Basket Restoring 201" Error

I have seen this in the past but it related to incorrect propagtion of Exchange Permissions to a mailbox however I have checked the permissions for this particular users mailbox and they seem to be fine.

Anyone got any ideas on this as there is little information regarding the "Basket Restoring 201 Error" that I am seeing.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Philip

Is there anything listed in the Eventlog (on EV / Exchange Server)?
What happens when you try to restore the Element from within Outlook / Browser Search?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What EV version and Exchange Version?

You could try this technote:

Philip_Major
Level 4
We're currently using Exchange 2003 and EV 6.0.

I tried the tech note, however we have this registry key already in place.

My suspicions lie with the fact the user has not used the Full Outlook Client and only uses OWA I think that a basket hasn't been created for the user aside from the OWA basket which is called evowa-vs1.

I can't see a basket \ folder created for a restore\shopping session for the user under the shopping folder in EV.

Any more ideas?

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Philip

Can you create normal baskets for the the User in the EV Web Gui?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Verify that this key is present

Jim S.

Feitor__Luis
Level 2
Hi,
I also got the same problem. One EV Server archiving two Exchange servers in different domains.
To troubleshoot the problem I used:
2. check that the Shopping location is local on the EV server (http://support.veritas.com/docs/273118)
3. check that the EV OWA Anonymous user used for OWA access has full control on it's shopping location
4. check that the EV OWA Anonymous user is not a member of a group which denies access to mailboxes
5. on the EV Server, in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa enter the value DWORD DisableLoopbackCheck set to 1;
6. on the EV Server, in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters enter the value DWORD DisableStrictNameChecking set to 1;
7. if changes made on steps 5. or 6., reboot the EV Server;
if doesn't solve the issue,
8. check articles
http://support.veritas.com/docs/283442
if doesn't solve the issue,
9. open the Vault Admin. Console, open the properties of the Exchange Mailbox Policy affecting the issued users, "Advanced" tab, in the "List settings from" select "OWA 2003", set the setting "View mode" to "Enterprise Vault" and click "OK" twice;
10. synchronize the Mailbox Archiving Task, selecting "Folder hierarchy and permissions".
I hope this helps you.
Regards,
Luis Feitor