cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring emails - format is missing

JKormos
Level 3

Good morning!

We've had a report where an employee is trying to restore an email from Enterprise Vault and it does not bring back the formatting in the email.  When they restore other emails with formatting, it comes back fine.  I've tested this out with the employee and also on my own.  They are using a Citrix Xen 65 desktop. Regardless of using Windows 7 or Citrix, I can restore my own emails with formatting just fine.  Any suggestions?  I can't find anything on the KB that's the same as mine, unless I'm not looking hard enough.  Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So it didn't work in the morning but then in the afternoon it did?  If you can reproduce it you could do some tracing.

I would recommend working with Symantec support to find root cause.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

TonySterling

Could you share the EV Server and Client version?

Also, from above it seems this employee is able to restore other emails with formatting intact?  What happens if they just double-click and view it?

JKormos
Level 3

Sure, the EV server is 10.0.4.1189 and the Outlook client is 10.0.4.

Regardless if the employee double clicks the formatting is still gone.  The employee's co-worker resent the original email so I could verify that there was indeed formatting in it.  

TonySterling

and is just this particular email?  Do other work correctly?

JKormos
Level 3

The employee isn't in until the afternoon today, but I contacted them asking if this is the case.  I know with another case I had (same situation), it was just that one email and everything else worked fine.

JKormos
Level 3

The employee contacted me and stated that it's happened to multiple different emails.  Yesterday afternoon they were able to restore an email just fine, but earlier on Tuesday morning it was not working.   It seems to be a sporadic issue.

TonySterling

So it didn't work in the morning but then in the afternoon it did?  If you can reproduce it you could do some tracing.

I would recommend working with Symantec support to find root cause.

JKormos
Level 3

Correct, it only worked in the afternoon.  I tried to reproduce it but everything that I restored was fine.  I'll contact this person and see if I can recreate the issue.

JKormos
Level 3

I worked with the employee and I was able to see the formatting that is missing from these emails.  The one that I saw didn't have any tables, pictures, etc in the body, just plain text.  The message body doesn't space it out correctly and you see breaks in there <br/>.  

It looks like this.

This is a test message<br/><br/>This sentence should be on the next line down.

JKormos
Level 3

I worked with Symantec and we did some traces regarding the email.  Unfortunately at this point I was told that they are baffled by this situation.  I'll continue to update this thread as I find out any more information.

JKormos
Level 3

After working with support for a couple of months now, we updated to hotfix 3 and that seemed to resolve the issues.  They couldn't recreate the issue on our end, even though the technician saw what was going on.  It only affected our Deleted Items and nothing else from the testing that I did.