cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Now archive - 5150 items...did 3998 and stopped?

bobby_hilliard
Level 5
This was a New mailbox that I enabled, and then ran an evpm script to specify ALL items and delete them after archiving. This same script has worked flawlessly on smaller maliboxes. This one had 5150 items, totalling 983mb in size.

Initially, when I first ran, I watched the queues for activity and saw some. So, I waited until there was NO queue activity, and then checked the vault store size. That's where the db showed 3998 items in the archive. When i then ran a report, it showed the rest "available for archive". Logged into mailbox, and sure enough, found 1100 or so mail items that had not been archived.

I just did another "run now", all items...and I have queue activity again...same mailbox...no other changes.

I have witnessed this "go to sleep" issue on larger mailboxes.

Is this something that any one else has run up on?

Thanks for any insight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bobby_hilliard
Level 5
Decided to try a second large mailbox (2157 items, 860mb).

Enabled the mailbox in EV. Ran the evpm script. Kicked off a manual archive.

monitored until no queue activity. Checked stats. 1792 messages archived.

logged into the mailbox. All that was left was calendar items.

So basically, THIS ONE worked the first pass.

Fairly mysterious.

This should end this thread. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Does your policy have any limitations on the number of items to archive per run or any time limitation set on the task.

bobby_hilliard
Level 5
my normal policy is set to 1000 items per pass and i'm using the site schedule (11pm - 5 am). I thought manual runs ignored those settings. my experience with smaller mailboxes is that when i use the evpm script to "override", then in most cases all the items get archived...even when over 1000. And, no shortcuts are left behind. This is the first one I've been able to stay with during the whole process.

Here's what happened:

1st pass - 3998 items
2nd pass - 998 items
3rd pass -  134 items

it's as if there's some sort of throttling going on behind the scenes. Logging into the malibox shows only some calendar items remaining (see below for Deleted items). And, none of them are over the 250mb limit that I'm using. 

I probably need to read up a little more on evpm scripts, huh?

DELETED ITEMS
In my normal policy, I am archiving deleted items. In this manual run (using evpm script), it appears that they are not being archived and deleted. 
QUESTION: can I override this in the script?

Thanks.

bobby_hilliard
Level 5
Decided to try a second large mailbox (2157 items, 860mb).

Enabled the mailbox in EV. Ran the evpm script. Kicked off a manual archive.

monitored until no queue activity. Checked stats. 1792 messages archived.

logged into the mailbox. All that was left was calendar items.

So basically, THIS ONE worked the first pass.

Fairly mysterious.

This should end this thread. 

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

oh ok so it is restricted to the one mailbox

try removing the user from the provisioning groub, sync and then add them again

if that fails maybe it is something with the mailbox, a test would be to move the user from one server to another, this recreates the mailbox and then archive the user again.

if you are happy with the result you found then mark the thread as solved so it wont be revisited by others