Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEV 8.0 - Restoring a single user's archive

mmmore
Level 4
Partner
Hello all,

I am wondering if it's possible restore a single user's archive in Enterprise Vault 8.0 for MS Exchange. Let's say that a user deletes a couple of emails out of the archive that he/she shouldn't have, and requests the IT department to restore the archive. Can we perform a restore without needing to restore the entire store? The documentation only seems to describe procedures on how to restore an entire system/store.

Thank you for you assistance.

Regards,

Richard
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EVNoodles
Level 4
Employee
Have you implemented the Recover Deleted Items for Users?

This will allow you to let users delete but if they make a mistake you can restore all deleted files within a set time frame.

If you check on the Archive in question you will see a Recover Deleted Items tab from there you can recover their deleted items, if configured.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

EVNoodles
Level 4
Employee
Have you implemented the Recover Deleted Items for Users?

This will allow you to let users delete but if they make a mistake you can restore all deleted files within a set time frame.

If you check on the Archive in question you will see a Recover Deleted Items tab from there you can recover their deleted items, if configured.

mmmore
Level 4
Partner
I can't believe I missed the Recover Deleted items feature. Thank you for pointing me on that feature. This would definitely help in most situations.

But my question remains, is it possible to perform a restore for a single user? I can imagine a situation in which the client wants to have a restore because he/she wants to access emails that have been deleted a couple of months ago. Is it possible without having to restore the entire store/system?

Thanks

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Yes, if you right click on the Archived node in the VAC, you'll see an option to Export.  You can pick an individual user, and choose to restore to the original mailbox or to a PST.

Hope that helps,

Working for cloudficient.com

mmmore
Level 4
Partner
EVNoodles & Rob, thank you for your replies. You've been a great help!