cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP Mailbox archiving from O365

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi

I assume that when a user archives from 0365 using SMTP mailbox journaling EV will not be able to do anything to reduce the size of the users mailbox? The message will still get posted to the user mailbox and no size reduction (stubbing\removing attachments) can take place.

What can Exchange admins do here? Is it just a case of needing to use Exchange tools to manage the size of the users mailbox? Nothing that EV can help with.......

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your assumption is spot on. In this configuration, EV is downstream of the mailbox. It has no direct contact with the mailbox and cannot read/write/manage its contents.

--Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA

Interesting question. In Exchange you would probably use an management policy (delete items older than 1 year) to accomplish this. (if not using shortcuts obviously).

I do not know if that is possible in O365, but I assume it is. I know it is possible to have items moved to the archive mailbox, so you might be able to delete items also?

Regards. Gertjan

CadenL

Thanks Gertjan

But it's correct to say that EV cannot offer any help here? and therefore whatever options are available would need to be outside of EV's own functionality.

Your assumption is spot on. In this configuration, EV is downstream of the mailbox. It has no direct contact with the mailbox and cannot read/write/manage its contents.

--Chris