cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search and destroy

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

We have EV 11.0.1.5 till the end of July  and then 12.4

I was asked for GDPA reason if it is possible to have an automatic search and destroy from an archive. I now how to do it in my search page but they want to have it automated.

The only access my users have for their archive is the web search page.

Thanks for any help

Sandrine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Sandrine,

"For GDPR reason" is very broad. If you really want this, you probably need the Classification feature added to your EV License. Classification is VERY powerfull. You can use it to tag items which meet specific criteria (and yes GDPR rules are built in already), and then use DA to run searches, and perform priviliged deletes. YOu will need to re-index existing data to get that classified, but it will save you time eventually. I am not sure you as an admin can do it on specific user archives but who knows....

In 12.x you can also use the socalled 'smart' partitions. You can use Classification to store an item on a smart-partition, give that a retention of 0 days (or none at all), and have that expire automagically.

I hope your current existing data is not on WORM, as then deleting will be difficult if not impossible..

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Sandrine,

"For GDPR reason" is very broad. If you really want this, you probably need the Classification feature added to your EV License. Classification is VERY powerfull. You can use it to tag items which meet specific criteria (and yes GDPR rules are built in already), and then use DA to run searches, and perform priviliged deletes. YOu will need to re-index existing data to get that classified, but it will save you time eventually. I am not sure you as an admin can do it on specific user archives but who knows....

In 12.x you can also use the socalled 'smart' partitions. You can use Classification to store an item on a smart-partition, give that a retention of 0 days (or none at all), and have that expire automagically.

I hope your current existing data is not on WORM, as then deleting will be difficult if not impossible..

Regards. Gertjan

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Hello Getjan,

No this is not on WORM  this is about the only good things on this problem.

If I understood you well I would need new licences for the classification and DA ( which I don't have). This should be part of a new project with a consulting firma then.Because I'm not so sure my management  can predefine criteria's

I just asked because management wants to make a case of one of our prof who wants to delete specific e-mail and asked me to check what is doable other not

Sandrine