cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Migration - Data Only DR Procedure

JVal33
Level 4
Good morning -

I'll be performing this data only DR server migration during maintenance tonight, and I just wanted to verify one thing.  When performing this, are there any settings/policies/configuration that get reset to default that I will need to update once I have finished the procedure, or is everything stored within the SQL db?  If I recall, I thought that a lot of that resides in the registry, which isn't restored in this procedure, so I wasn't sure if any archiving settings/policies get reset to default.  As always, any help/insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
JV
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
What version of EV are you using?

In earlier versions there were some reg keys and config files needed to make it a seamless move but the newer versions store all data in the database so the move is easier

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
What version of EV are you using?

In earlier versions there were some reg keys and config files needed to make it a seamless move but the newer versions store all data in the database so the move is easier

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
JV,
We just completed several DR migrations ov EV8 SP1 to new hardware. followed this guide and worked like a charm. be sure to run the deployment scanner on the new server and go through the whole list to make sure everything is kosher.

How to move Enterprise Vault to a new server
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293911.htm

JVal33
Level 4
Excellent, thanks guys.  Version is 8.0 SP2 so should all be in the DB, which is great.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Yep you should be good. I have done the process a few times and always has been flawless