cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe EV issues logged in EV Console ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi People,

Can anyone please suggest me what needs to be done to fix the Severe issue that is logged in the EV console window as follows:

The monitor terminated unexpectedly.

Details:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Interop.StorageManageClass.GetVaultStoreTableSizes(String bstrComputerEntryId, String bstrTableName, Object& pVSA) at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Monitoring.VSTableSize.RunNow(MonitorRunType runType)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Interop.StorageManageClass.GetDaysSinceVSDBsWereBackedUp(String bstrComputerEntryId, Object& pVSA) at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Monitoring.VS_Backup.RunNow(MonitorRunType runType)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Interop.StorageManageClass.GetVaultStoreTableSizes(String bstrComputerEntryId, String bstrTableName, Object& pVSA) at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Monitoring.VSTableSize.RunNow(MonitorRunType runType)

The only component that was installed in the past week was just Symantec Netbackup 7.6 agent but I'm not sure how can this issue related to that ?

I have restarted the EV Admin service from services.msc but somehow it doesn't fix the issue.

Thanks.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

It seems the permissions issue with EV Monitoring. Did you try re-typing VSA credentials in Directory properties?

Vault Admin console >> Directory on EVServerName >> Right Click >> Properties >> Service Account tab.

Re-type the username and password and restart the EV Services.

View solution in original post

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi John,

Open Enterprise Vault Admin console 

On the Directory container, Right click and select Properties and click on the Service Account 

Tr-enter Vault Service account credentials and then restarted Enterprise Vault Admin service.

This should fix the monitoring error.

I hope this helps !!!

A_J1
Level 6

Hi John,

A Monitoring agent on each Enterprise Vault (EV) server collects data at scheduled intervals, typically every few minutes. This data is then stored in the Monitoring database. The Enterprise Vault Operations Manager Web pages display the data from when the system was last monitored.

The issue may occur if "Vault Service Account" do not have the required rights on the EV SQL databases.

Re-Enter the VSA credential and restart EV Services and check whether that fix the issue.

5 REPLIES 5

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

It seems the permissions issue with EV Monitoring. Did you try re-typing VSA credentials in Directory properties?

Vault Admin console >> Directory on EVServerName >> Right Click >> Properties >> Service Account tab.

Re-type the username and password and restart the EV Services.

A_J1
Level 6

Hi John,

Open Enterprise Vault Admin console 

On the Directory container, Right click and select Properties and click on the Service Account 

Tr-enter Vault Service account credentials and then restarted Enterprise Vault Admin service.

This should fix the monitoring error.

I hope this helps !!!

John_Santana
Level 6

hi Guys,

I didn't change any password or the account name in AD but how caome do I need to retype the password ?

A_J1
Level 6

Hi John,

A Monitoring agent on each Enterprise Vault (EV) server collects data at scheduled intervals, typically every few minutes. This data is then stored in the Monitoring database. The Enterprise Vault Operations Manager Web pages display the data from when the system was last monitored.

The issue may occur if "Vault Service Account" do not have the required rights on the EV SQL databases.

Re-Enter the VSA credential and restart EV Services and check whether that fix the issue.

John_Santana
Level 6

Cool, somehow it works out by itself I guess this was because of the 100% cpu issue.