cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcuts not visible in mailbox after pst migration

James_Herbert
Level 5

We recently imported a 5.5GB PST into a users mailbox using the PST migrator tool. It was imported in with a separate folder structure rather than merging it

The process ran for several hours and eventually produced a report saying that the pst failed to migrate due to insufficient mailbox quota. However, if we browse the users archive through the Archive Explorer the imported items in the correct folder structure are all present.

Is there a way of making these archived folders visible with Outlook?

Alternatively, is there a way I can remove the imported folders from from the archive (whilst still leaving the items that were previously in the archive). At least then I could just remove the mailbox limits and migrate the pst in again

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

James

I'm not a 100% sure, but I think if you just re-import the PST File, he should create the structure in Outlook, and he won't archive the same item twice.

You can delete Items from Archive Explorer, if you allow deletions.

There is no easy way of recreating the shortcuts in the mailbox as far as I know.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

PST Migration will archive all the items (so as you can see they are visible in AE etc.) then it will calculate the size of the shortcut and determine if there is sufficient mailbox quota for the shortcuts.  If there isn't enough space then it leaves all the shortcuts in the pst (rather than leaving some in the mailbox and some in the pst). 

So at this point the pst should be just shortcuts and when you migrate it again, assuming you do now have sufficient mailbox quota then the shortcuts will be moved in.