cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some user side problems in Outlook and in OWA

bagrationi
Level 5

Hello to all,

I have some issues with my enterprise vault clients, so in my environment still persist user side problems (In Outlook and in OWA).

- The primary issue that exist is, in outlook 2007 when i'm clicking on already archived items, below, only in the last part of the text some letters and words are missing and disappearing.
   Then, after double clicking that archived items, the message in the separate window appear as usual, without problems there, without missing some letters or words.
  How could i solve this problem and have any advice ?

- The secondary issue is in my OWA clients. Till archiving e-mail items, they are shown as usual, completely normal in OWA window. After the items are archived, the text of a whole message is apearring without some lines between the text and the words and letters are absolutely confused.

- The third issue that exist while working with OWA is, the attachments are not shown in the archived message, when double click on the item the following text appear: "The archived item is currently unavailable. If you choose reply or forward, only the content shown below will be included. Click here to preview the original item" and after this behavior in the separate window is opening the "HTTP 403 Forbidden" page. 

Do you have some experience and ideas with this issues.. ?

Thanks in advance,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bagrationi
Level 5
Thanks a lot again for your attention GertjanA,

I have solved this problem completely and in my case the following link below was really helpful for me;

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/292348.htm

Thanks,

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Primary issue - words or letters missing:
This is part of the "Shortcut Content" tab in the Mailbox Archiving Policy, most likely you may have set the shortcut to contain 500 characters of the original message.
you can set it to keep the whole message body if you'd prefer, but then you can't have links to the attachments or the original email itself.
With customization its expected behavior.

I would advise against setting the limit too high as i have seen issues where people set it to 2 million, and then when EV tries to process a 30,000+ character email, the ArchiveTask hangs and causes a huge amount of CPU usage

Secondary Issue:
This rings a bell, i'll try and find the technote that may resolve it, though off the top of my head i cant remember what it is

Third Issue:
This sounds like you may not have run the owauser.wsf script on the EV server, as 403 forbidden sounds like the EVAnon directory does not have the IP address of that exchange server listed, so it rejects the request
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 With regards to the second issue ...

Which version of Exchange do you use?
Working for cloudficient.com

bagrationi
Level 5
..... I'm using the exchange server 2007

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
The second issue is a known problem with the EV OWA extensions and Exchange 2007.   It's because OWA now uses a property of the message differently than it did with OWA 2003/Exchange 2003.  We should have a change which comes with EV 8 SP 4 (provided QA find new lingering problems with it(, to address this for items which are archived AFTER that time.

To confirm it's the same problem..

Say the original email said :-

Hi John,

Congratulations on the job offer.

Thanks
Rob

In OWA 2007, once the item has been archived, are you seeing :-

Hi John, Congratulations on the job offer.  Thanks Rob

bagrationi
Level 5

Once again thanks for your attention and for your advices....

So, the primary and secondary issues was resolved. Because of my system architecture (the mailbox and the CAS server exist separately, on different machines)  and also IWA is enabled for OWA users) I have made the configuration of the "constrained delegation" as the  vault  recommends, also in mailbox policy options >> in shortcut content i have changed the shortcut body to - "Use message body".
Everything is ok, in the text body, the letters and words, all are in place and in OWA  the whole message appear in normal mode,  generally as usual.

......As to the third issue, i have created the "ExchangeServer.txt" file with the IP address of CAS server and then have run the "owauser.wsf" script. the script was executed successfully, but the problem still exist. There is, below the third issue again: 
  ----The third issue that exist while working with OWA is, the attachments are not shown in the archived message, when double click on the item the following text appear: "The archived item is currently unavailable. If you choose reply or forward, only the content shown below will be included. Click here to preview the original item" and after this behavior in the separate window is opening the "HTTP 403 Forbidden" page. 

Thanks,

bagrationi
Level 5
Hello to all,

The third issue is still problematic and the archived items with attachment are still not accessible...

have you some additional suggestions.. ?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
In IIS on the EV server, check what IP restrictions you have on the EVAnon folder.

bagrationi
Level 5
I have checked in IIS on the EV server and on EVAnon folder there were the client access server  IP address in restrictions, in the "denied access" status

In general, i've unchecked this above and have checked the "granted access" by default and restart the IIS from command line......

unfortunately this problem was not resolved.... 

JesusWept3
Level 6
if you go to Start -> run -> type "LogFiles" and press Enter and then go to \W3SVC1
if you open the IIS log files, do you actually see the 403 errors in those log files? wondering if its even getting to that EV Server at all

how many enterprise vault servers do you have in your environment?

bagrationi
Level 5
I have One Enterprise Vault server....

I've seen already the  "Log Files" and nothing about 403 errors....

So, one more thing: In my environment i have the CAS server and the Mailbox server role installed separately and also IWA used for web access. I've already configured the "constrained delegation" on CAS server and my remark is that on CAS machine properties>> Delegation >> and a service type is "http" instead https.....  maybe this issue was received from that. ?

JesusWept3
Level 6
did you also look in the httperr logs?

Also one thing other thing, your CAS server doesn't happen to have teaming or anything like that, yeah?

bagrationi
Level 5
Yeap,..  and in the httperr logs i've found the following, that from my machine (from where i'm trying to access the attachments in OWA) to Evault server the connection is in ------ "Timer_ConnectionIdle"

.... Is this normal or no.. and what are you mean about a teaming ?

JesusWept3
Level 6

Timer connectionidle can be dismissed

and Network Teaming on the CAS server, is it possible that you have more than 1 ip address on that CAS Server?

bagrationi
Level 5

No,....

I know exactly that The CAS Server  have only one IP address....  I've checked this again.

and also i found that in OWA, Evault toolbars do not appear...

bagrationi
Level 5
This solution is very important for me......

Still no more ideas.. ?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 Please summarise your OWA/Exchange environment.... what have you added to the ExchangeServers.txt file, what type of authentication you use, does the Exchange server (the mailbox server) have a certificate installed, and what you have got in the web.config file on the CAS server.

Lastly, add an OWA Diagnostic log.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
bagrationi,
Since this post has been going 8 days I have to ask...Have you opened a support case?  If yes, request it be escalated.  If not, do so!

regards,

bagrationi
Level 5
So, i will try to summarise quite clearly:

I have two issues with my Symantec enterprise vault:
1.      So, while accessing Exchange 2007 outlook web access clients, the EV options and buttons do not appears. Generally, in the desktop policy options the following features are enabled and in all outlook clients the relevant buttons are shown as needed.
2.      When I try to access the archived items with attachments from OWA, (as usual after double clicking on archived item, when I want to see the original item from OWA ) the following text appear above of the message: “The archived item is currently unavailable. If you choose reply or forward, only the content shown below will be included. Click here to preview the original item.” So then clicking on this message the “HTTP 403 Forbidden”  and below “The website declined to show this webpage” page appear.
This problem exist in all OWA enabled users and it persist since the installation and configuration of the EV Server, from the beginning of the implementation.

-I have the one Symantec Enterprise Vault Server 8.0 SP2 ver. in the farm. (recently upgraded to SP3 and despite it this problem still exist).
-I have also the Exchange server 2007 SP1 installed. The Mailbox and the CAS Server roles are installed separately on different machines and also users are authenticated to OWA using Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA).
-It exist one CAS Server and the clustered Mailbox Server role in the farm.
-On CAS Server I have installed the OWA 2007 extensions x64 ver. The Installation was successfully finished.
-After that action I have configured constrained delegation.
-Also, In the EV directory i have created the “ExchangeServers.txt” file the CAS Server IP Address within. Then, I’ve also successfully run the “owauser.wsf” script on the Evault Server. from the command prompt.

In the CAS Server "webconfig" file i have  the following Enterprise Vault entry:

<add key="EnterpriseVault_ResourceVersion" value="v8.0.3.1845"/>
  <add key="EnterpriseVault_WebDAVRequestHost" value="localhost"/>

Thats all.

P.S.  As to opening a support case, i dont  have  nor rights and nor validation account yet  to open it.

Thanks in advance,

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello Bri,

I assume you installed the extentions on the CAS server?
Did that complete correct?

I found that best to install it is the following:

Uninstall extentions.
Disable UAC (control panel, user accounts, turn UAC on or off, untick)
Reboot cas server
Install Extentions
Verify it works. Be advised that you will only get the EV help button, and in the left you will see Archive Explorer and Search Safe
When it works, turn UAC back on (yes, requires reboot)

I did this on EV80SP2, Exchange2007SP2, worked fine.
Regards. Gertjan