Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage deletion

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi All

Is there anyway to increase the performance of the EV storage expiry? We are running out of disk space and I want to try and increase the deletion process.

Regards,

Rob 
4 REPLIES 4

Maverik
Level 6
Hi,  From having a look I dont believe there is any way increase the number of processing threads for deletion.  Cannot be 100% sure if the number of storage archive threads that can be increased my assist with deletion, found on the Storage Service in the console under services.

Other than that, you really are going to have to look at increasing the deletion scheduled window and perhaps decreasing archiving if possible, so deletion is focused upon.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Where is your data stored? Centera or on an NTFS disk?

What deletion numbers and times do you get?

We have seen 5 million items deleted in 24 hours. I just want to compare what you see with what I have seen in the past

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 Thanks for the replies

Centera

Well we have to wait for the file dumps on the centera to figure it out. At this point in time we are pretty desperate for disk space so we have stop archiving and running storage expiry 23 seven at the moment. 

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
How many access nodes do you have on the centera. It is recommended that you have 4 access nodes for every cube

Also are the centera connected to the network via GIG networks or 100MB networks

Normally Centera is a beast when it comes to this stuff