Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Reporter and Exchange 2007

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner

Hi All

Has anybody used the pre-sales tool ,Store Reporter ,on Exchange 2007 successfully .If so were there any specific configurations with the  account that you had to make ?Did it work the same as Exchange 2000/2003 analysis .I am using version 2.0 of the Store Reporter

11 REPLIES 11

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner

Hi All

Any ideas around this question ?

Thanks

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Bruce

Have you encountered problems with it?

Haven't used the stored reporter in some time now, but I could test it, if necessary?

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner

Hi Michel

To be honest no I haven't tried it yet on Exchange 2007 ,I just know there are changes to the way EV integrates into Exchange 2007 and wanted to preempt any possible issues so I dont have a funny experience  at the customer :)

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

No tried on 2007 but I know i run version 2 against my 2003 server and i keeps saying every day is 2000mb of storage

djlaube
Level 3
Partner

I know this is a dated thread, but I'm running into this same question/problem today. I've tried Exchange Store Reporter (ESR) 2.0 (latest I could find) for an Exchange 2007 server (workstation I was using had Outlook 2007 also installed for the MAPI connection).

Anyone know if there is a newer version that supports 2007? Any other utilities that do the same job?

Thanks! 

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner

Hi Guys

An update ,we ran the Store Reporter against an Exchange 2007 server and it did successfully create the .xml file

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

we ran the utility but it wasnt until we uploaded the results into the spreadsheet we got from symantec that it managed to make any real sense of the figures.

djlaube
Level 3
Partner
What version of Outlook did you use? What exchange role server did you point ESR to? Did you do anything special with ESR in order to get it to run? I keep getting MAPI errors. Thanks!

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner

My view on some of the questions

• We always  use the official Symantec Store Reporter Analysis tool to look at the data ,it's really useful and granular .Not sure how you would gain meaningful information without it 

As far as getting the Store Repoter to work I follow the same process with all my analyis on servers .It is

• Create  or use a mailbox that has Exchange Full Admin Rights
  • Logon to a desktop with that same account
  • Open Outlook to ensure MAPI is working
  • Make sure in the Store Reporter configurarion your Mailbox Alias is valid for the server you are targeting
  • Run Store Repoter at 50 %sample size and leave it overnight
  • I have only used Outlook 2003 with this tool

:)

kpapreck
Level 4
Partner
What is the Store Reporter Analysis tool?  Where can I get this?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Exchange Store Reporter is a tool that gathers data from a
Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox or public folder store and
then displays the results graphically for an instant analysis
of the data.

The graphs provide you with an accurate picture of the ages
and sizes of items in the Exchange Server store, making it
easy for you to choose the best archiving strategy.

It really isn't intended for customers and is not supported by Tech Support but you can ask your sales person if you can have access to it.

Regards,