Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange OWA problem!

chinzaghi
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

hi all,

I have encountered some strange problems with EV OWA.
   My Experiment Environment is as follows: EV 8.0 sp2 +Exchange 2007 32bit(mixed role).
   The problem detail is as follows:
   1.EV function works all well in outlook.
   2.The EV icons and toolbar display correctly in owa page.
   3.In owa,'search vault' and 'archive explorer' works correctly.
   4.When attempting to manually archive an item through OWA, I receive a pop up screen with the vault list empty and the Status will show 'No accessible vaults'.
   5.When attempting to manually restore an archived item by clicking 'restore' button,I receive a pop up to choose restore to current folder or restored folder.No matter what I select,it takes no effect.But I can restore items through 'search vault' and 'archive explorer'.
   6.When I double click on an archived item,the top part of the page it says that "The archived item is currently unavailable. If you choose reply or forward, only the content shown below will be included. Click here to preview the original item." Then below it reads "This message has been archived. View the original item. I click on the hyperlink and another webpage appears that says  "You are now leaving Outlook Web Access....".Then the page redirected and the html version of original mail shows correctly.There are also many EV buttons on the new page,and they all work correctly.
   7.I have already reinstalled the owa extension and rerun the script 'owauser.wsf' for many times. But it does not work.
   8.I modiy the web.config on the exchange server to enable log.I find 404 and 500 error in the log. I searched some relative kb,but the problem not resolved.

This problem really puzzles me.Please help me! Thank you very much!

5 REPLIES 5

SYMPHONY
Level 3
Partner

please check if the evanon webpage is there (on the EV-server) ... if not rerun the config Script on the EV Server

chinzaghi
Level 3
evanon webpage is there... I run the script many times....

SYMPHONY
Level 3
Partner
please check if the evanon webpage is accessible (possible reasons for failure ... Proxy settings, wrong .NET version for evanon ...   )

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
See if the following technote sheds any further light on your situation:-

http://support.veritas.com/docs/287827

MichelZ
Level 6
havent used this on x32 as it is not supported by MS in production... Maybe this has something to do with the issue? Would you be able to try with an x64 install of exchange?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.