cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supported Configuration - Windows Clustering and USL

P4ulc
Level 3

Hi,

I am designing Enterprise Vault for a client and thinking about using n + m clustering of EV in the primary data centre for HA and USL for DR in the secondary data centre. Both data centres are very well connected ( high bandwith + low latency) and would be defined as a single EV site.

As this is a greenfield site I would be specifying either EV 9 or 10 if its stable.

My question, is this a supported configuration? As the solution will be rolled out globally I need to be sure that Symantec would support.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes it is supported.  The only issue I have seen with this is when you are using USL to go back to the EV cluster.  You will need take all EV services offline on the cluster before running USL.

Are you going to go with one EV virtual --> one DR servers?  So for example, you have 5 EV servers in the cluster, you will also have 5 standalone servers in DR ready for USL?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes it is supported.  The only issue I have seen with this is when you are using USL to go back to the EV cluster.  You will need take all EV services offline on the cluster before running USL.

Are you going to go with one EV virtual --> one DR servers?  So for example, you have 5 EV servers in the cluster, you will also have 5 standalone servers in DR ready for USL?

P4ulc
Level 3

The plan is to have six EV virtual servers in the cluster and three servers in DR, create two configurations in the cluster using different drive letters. For example type A uses drives L, M & N and type B uses drives O, P & Q so the DR servers would have drives L, M, N, O, P & Q. This should allow for two virtual -> one DR server.

Its all driven by the Exchange 2010 DAG configuration which has six servers in the primary data centre a three in the secondary.

Thanks for your confirmation that its supported, I have read in this community that it should work but there seemed some doubt about it being a tested and supported configuration. The only alternative would seem to be USL in the primary data centre with spare warm standby servers, but the client is concerned about the time required to mount the storage and run USL.

Cheers