cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Add-in "Enterprise Vault" cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook

kidtrebor
Level 3

Hi,

I'm seeing the above issue on a client PC.  For reference, I've already been through this forum post and this KB article, but neither helped.  Here are the quick-fire reference items:

• ESM is not installed
  • The issue happens only on this PC
  • The issue happens on all profiles on the PC
  • The issue does not happen with the same user on a known good PC
  • Already tried to reinstall the add-on
  • Already tried actions described in scenario 2 and 3 from the above KB article (1 and 4 not applicable)

Short taking off and nuking the PC from orbit I am unsure what steps to next take to resolve the issue.  Any support would be appreciated!

• Windows 7 32-bit
  • Outlook 2007 SP3
  • Symantec Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In 10.0.4.1293

Regards,

Robert

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

have you tried fixmapi? can you upgrade to outlook 2010? can you try loading the new EV11 client?

kidtrebor
Level 3

Hi Andrew,

Yes, that's one of the solutions in the KB article.  It didn't help.

There's no chance to update Outlook.

I'd like to try EV11 but the download for the client software requires I enter a serial number; no idea what that should be or where I could find it...

Regards,

Robert

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you'd have to go through the licensing portal and upgrade your license key before you can go to fileconnect and download. even then, it would make you download the entire ISO. i'll PM you a link for the client.

kidtrebor
Level 3

Hi Andrew,

Kind thanks for the link to the file... unfortunately we encountered the same problem!

Unfortunately replacing the PC may not even be an option, since it's not my department's asset to replace.

Regards,

Robert