cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get each archive size...

stang92
Level 3

Hi all,

I am running EV 9.0.2 and I have a request to get a real time size of each archive in the vault, I know there is a report that could find this but I am wanting to give the end users a tool that can be run real time to get the size of their Archive. 

Anyone know of any commands that I can run to pull this information from the vault?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

ttp://evserver/enterprisevault/usage.asp

click on the vault store where your archive is and then click on 'view usage report by archive name'

There is no tool as such .

you may run the following query to find the

SELECT ESE.ExchangeComputer "Exchange Server", 
       COUNT(S.IdTransaction) "Items Archived",
       SUM(S.ItemSize)/1024 "Size of Items (MB)"
FROM   EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ExchangeMailboxEntry EME,
       EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ExchangeMailboxStore EMS,
       EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ExchangeServerEntry ESE,
       yourVaultStore.dbo.ArchivePoint AP,
       yourVaultStore.dbo.Saveset S
WHERE  S.ArchivePointIdentity = AP.ArchivePointIdentity
  AND  AP.ArchivePointId = EME.DefaultVaultId
  AND  EME.MbxStoreIdentity = EMS.MbxStoreIdentity
  AND  EMS.ExchangeServerIdentity = ESE.ExchangeServerIdentity
GROUP BY ESE.ExchangeComputer

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

stang92
Level 3

Correct me if I am wrong though, but is that data just not since the last time the archive was processed?  If I delete 5 GB's lets say from my archive, will the useage.asp update report that right away?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

have you seen this technote?

How to grant other users access to the Enterprise Vault (EV) Vault Store Usage Report.

Article:TECH50913  |  Created: 2007-01-24  |  Updated: 2009-01-10  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50913

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

ttp://evserver/enterprisevault/usage.asp

click on the vault store where your archive is and then click on 'view usage report by archive name'

There is no tool as such .

you may run the following query to find the

SELECT ESE.ExchangeComputer "Exchange Server", 
       COUNT(S.IdTransaction) "Items Archived",
       SUM(S.ItemSize)/1024 "Size of Items (MB)"
FROM   EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ExchangeMailboxEntry EME,
       EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ExchangeMailboxStore EMS,
       EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ExchangeServerEntry ESE,
       yourVaultStore.dbo.ArchivePoint AP,
       yourVaultStore.dbo.Saveset S
WHERE  S.ArchivePointIdentity = AP.ArchivePointIdentity
  AND  AP.ArchivePointId = EME.DefaultVaultId
  AND  EME.MbxStoreIdentity = EMS.MbxStoreIdentity
  AND  EMS.ExchangeServerIdentity = ESE.ExchangeServerIdentity
GROUP BY ESE.ExchangeComputer

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

The information in the report is update every time you refresh the page, and on the back ground it queries the sql database to get the information to be displayed in the report .

stang92
Level 3

But the information in SQL is only updated every time the archive task runs, correct?

People want to have a real time way to display their useage in the vault, from what I am hearing I am thinking i can only give them ~24 hour delay instead (if archive task runs daily and completes)

this true?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

No thats not true . The information in the Sql is updated as in the archiving happens .

stang92
Level 3

but if my archive task only runs once a day, the data is only as good from the last time it ran.

My situation is this, the users are being asked to delete TB's of data and we need to supply a real time report of the archive size, my response to them was the size of the archive is only as good as the last time the archive task ran, are you saying that it each time you run the report it queries the actual vault size at that time?

if so, that is great news!

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Infromation in the usage report is generated on Run time. Just to test this you may try refreshing the page when the archiving is running .

Ben_Heymink
Level 4
Employee

Has your question been answered by these comments stang92? The only other way I can think of is knocking together some script to call some EV webpages that can return you the archive size.