cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Mailboxes in Outlook 2003 SR2

Philip_Major
Level 4
i'm observing some strange behaviour in Outlook 2003 SR2 when you have two mailboxes added.

i.e. Your own personal Mailbox and another added as an additional mailbox over which the current user has access to and has vault permissions to access.

Does KVS \ Enterprise Vault only allow you access to one vault at a time? 

Because when I have added this as a seperate profile without their default mailbox i.e. joe.bloggs they can access the archived mails without a problem.

Any hints or ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Outlook 2003 has a setting -- turned off by default -- to allow forms in shared mailboxes to run script.

You can change the setting by choosing Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options and checking the box
for Allow script in shared folders.

You'll see that there is also an option for Allow script in public folders.
Enable both of these. 

(The corresponding registry values are in the
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security key -- SharedFolderScript and PublicFolderScript, both DWORD with a Value of 1 to enable.)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling
Outlook 2003 has a setting -- turned off by default -- to allow forms in shared mailboxes to run script.

You can change the setting by choosing Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options and checking the box
for Allow script in shared folders.

You'll see that there is also an option for Allow script in public folders.
Enable both of these. 

(The corresponding registry values are in the
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security key -- SharedFolderScript and PublicFolderScript, both DWORD with a Value of 1 to enable.)

Philip_Major
Level 4
hi Tony,

It appears these keys don't exist in Office 2003 or Office 2007.

Once I have created these keys everything works fine, I think these keys need to be rolled
into an updated Enterprise Vault Client Installer MSI or a link published.

I'm not adverse to re-making the MSI, however I think it would nice if Symantec did a republish of the MSI.

There must be a lot of people out there using more that one mailbox.

Thanks for the pointer

Message Edited by Philip Major on 08-06-200712:49 AM

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
There is actually a policy setting in the vault admin console - policies/exchange/mailbox/your particular policy properties/advanced/list settings from desktop -  "Allow Script in Shared Folders" - set that to force on and then run a sync and all users will get this setting next time they start outlook :)

TonySterling
As Andra states, that policy was added in EV 7.0, so moving forward you can use that, but it is not enabled by default.  :)

Philip_Major
Level 4
Alas we only have version 6.0 service packed.
We'll have to construct a way of pushing this fix out to our users.

bsteiner
Level 3
Does setting the allow scripting in shared folders setting in the policy work on users still on outlook xp/2000?  Or does it only work with Outlook 2003 and above?

bsteiner
Level 3
Answered my own question.  I enabled the setting through policy and it worked with outlook xp/2000 clients.  It took a few minutes after I sync'd everything though.