cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Provisioning task in single Domain

MM2014
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Dear Team, Current setup Single DC single EV-two different group of company users resides single SQL TWO exchange servers-Each exchange server belongs to different group of company Proposed Single DC- Two ev servers for each group of company Two SQL servers for each group of company We are planning to split our existing enterprise vault users into two ev servers. As of now, the company would like to split Enterprise Vault server first. I want to know whether this is possible? As we have only one domain and two exchange servers. As far as EV infra is a concern I came to know that we can not create two provisioning task in a single domain. Our plan is to create two different EV servers with different directory database, two different SQL servers but want to know whether this is possible as we have only one DC.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

It is possible, but challenging. Each EV site (i.e. seperate EV installation) can run the provisioning task against the same domain. You can define each Exchange server into the respective EV site.

You need to throughly think of how you run provisioning. You should be able to provision only the users which are on the specific Exchange server, to avoid getting mailboxes to exist in both environments, or users getting their settings overwritten etc.

To make it less complex, why not seperate this in the one EV site itself? The configuring of provisioning is the same, but now you need to use provisioing groups to seperate the users. You'll need at least 2 vault stores (one for users on exchange server a, and one for users on exchange server b). In the provisioning groups, you specific which vault store to use to create/fill the archives. You can even split out the storage, you will also need to think about the OSIS (Fingerpint) sharing, etc.

I personally would not have 2 EV sites archive from the same Exchange environment, but would try to dived them in EV, using the existing options.

Regards, GJ

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

It is possible, but challenging. Each EV site (i.e. seperate EV installation) can run the provisioning task against the same domain. You can define each Exchange server into the respective EV site.

You need to throughly think of how you run provisioning. You should be able to provision only the users which are on the specific Exchange server, to avoid getting mailboxes to exist in both environments, or users getting their settings overwritten etc.

To make it less complex, why not seperate this in the one EV site itself? The configuring of provisioning is the same, but now you need to use provisioing groups to seperate the users. You'll need at least 2 vault stores (one for users on exchange server a, and one for users on exchange server b). In the provisioning groups, you specific which vault store to use to create/fill the archives. You can even split out the storage, you will also need to think about the OSIS (Fingerpint) sharing, etc.

I personally would not have 2 EV sites archive from the same Exchange environment, but would try to dived them in EV, using the existing options.

Regards, GJ

Regards. Gertjan