cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical number of items or amount of data archived per hour from a mailbox

Alan_M
Level 6
I am interested in finding if there are any published numbers on either the average number of items or amount of data archived per hour duing mailbox archiving?

I'd also be interested in hearing what peoples real world experiences are.

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Nue,
Check out the performance guide for those data points. I think a two proc/2gb box is supposed to archive at a rate of 25k msgs/hr (assuming bandwidth would support such). I've seen it get pretty close to that.

but remember that performance is super reliant on your architecture.

micah

Scott_Anderso1
Level 4
I think it would be highly dependent on the characteristics of your users/mailboxes as well as the server(s) your are running the mailbox archiving.

For mailbox archiving, we seem to be averaging approx. 21.2 messages/user/night about 1.7 MB/user/night.

Alan_M
Level 6
Micah

Do you have the URL to download the Performance Guide? I have done a quick search and have not been able to find it.

Thanks for the response.

> Nue,
> Check out the performance guide for those data
> points. I think a two proc/2gb box is supposed to
> archive at a rate of 25k msgs/hr (assuming bandwidth
> would support such). I've seen it get pretty close
> to that.
>
> but remember that performance is super reliant on
> your architecture.
>
> micah

Alan_M
Level 6
Micah

Do you have the URL to download the Performance Guide? I have done a quick search and have not been able to find it.

Thanks for the response.

> Nue,
> Check out the performance guide for those data
> points. I think a two proc/2gb box is supposed to
> archive at a rate of 25k msgs/hr (assuming bandwidth
> would support such). I've seen it get pretty close
> to that.
>
> but remember that performance is super reliant on
> your architecture.
>
> micah

Alan_M
Level 6
Micah

Thanks for the response.

Alan_M
Level 6
Micah

Thanks for the response.

Alan_M
Level 6
Micah

Thanks for the response.

Paul_Costigan
Level 4
We have a problem with our Journal Service suddenly stopping on occasion, upon restarting I have watched (using OWA) over 2,500 messages get archived in less than 10 minutes, so it's quick. Our (current) setup is such that all servers are connected via Cat6 on a 1Gb backbone however.

HTH

Paul

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Nue,
I can't find the link I was looking for. Just toss me an email address and I'll mail it to you.

micah

Alan_M
Level 6
Micah

Your profile doesn't show an email address. When you get a couple of minutes please email me the document at imaneophyte @ gmail.com.

I really appreciate the help.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Off to ya.

micah