cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access archived mail from OWA

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4
Hi Guys,
                 once again I require your excellent help in resolving an issue. The problem relate to when users try to access the archived mail through OWA .
They get the familiar message "the archived item is currently unavailable, if you choose to repley or forward then only the content shown will be available..click here to preview the original item"

If they click to preview then they are prompted to put in their user details to access the webmial server. This does not work.
If they click the top of the message then they get a 401 unauthorised error.

The network guys have swore blind that they have not changed anything and I know that the server has not been touched.

No errors are being reported on the server

I am at a lost..can anyone give me a hand

We are using EV 2007 SP4  and Windows Exchange 2003
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If a hotfix for exchange was applied then the first thing you would do is re-run the owa config and see if that sorts it.  Most likely it will and you will be okay.

If not, then I would upgrade the servers.  In an ideal world the OWA extensions and EV server will be the same sp.  :)

Even if re-applying the OWA extensions solves your issue you will want to get your server upgraded as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling
Do you see the toolbar buttons?

Also, check this article out. It is for an older version but should provide some things to check. Personally I would think the EV Anon account maybe locked out.  :)

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/285117.htm

Cheers,

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4
come to mention it, there are no toolbar buttons showing in OWA. I will go through the doc and give an update. Thanks for the help..Much appreciated 

TonySterling
sounds like exchange may have had a service pack applied to it.

Check this as well:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/284235.htm

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4
Thanks Tony its beginning to look that way.
I will follow the docs you have pointed towards and come back with an update

Regards Paul

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4
Thanks Tony its beginning to look that way.
I will follow the docs you have pointed towards and come back with an update

Regards Paul

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4
Its becoming clear now. The front end exchange servers are now running EV 2007 SP5 OWA extensions. This was due to a upgrade recently at another site. My exchange servers are curently running SP4. Will I need to upgrade my Exchange servers accordingly along with my Enterprise vault server which is also EV 2007 SP4.
I was going to do this later as time constraints will stop me from properly planning the upgrade. If an hotfix created this issue, will I be able to just re-install the OWA extensions and upgrade at  a later date

TonySterling
If a hotfix for exchange was applied then the first thing you would do is re-run the owa config and see if that sorts it.  Most likely it will and you will be okay.

If not, then I would upgrade the servers.  In an ideal world the OWA extensions and EV server will be the same sp.  :)

Even if re-applying the OWA extensions solves your issue you will want to get your server upgraded as well.