cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add volume for archiving

bundash
Level 3
Hello,
I have EV 6.0 installed on Windows Server 2003 SP2. I am unable to create new volume  in "File Server". I created new file server but when I click right mouse on server and wants to add volume for archiving, there is no this choise. When I choose properties on file server, status of server is unknow and in Status pane is error - "An error occured getting the status of server". "Unspecified error"

Any hint?

Thanx.
8 REPLIES 8

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Are you logged in as the VSA?

bundash
Level 3
Hi,
yes I am logged as a Enterprise Vault user..... 

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
You should be logged in as the Vault Service Account which has Full Exchange Rights on the mailbox stores and in your case full admin right on the file servers.

bundash
Level 3
I am logged as Vault Service Account and this account is local admin and also domain admin.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
OK

Are there any corresponding events in the Event log?

bundash
Level 3
I can see a lot of errors about DCOM in Event log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10016
Date:  1/25/2008
Time:  2:57:46 PM
User:  EVDOMAIN\evuser
Computer: ALTCLNT1
Description:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{F4D3EB5B-C7C5-11D1-90DB-0000F879BE6A}
 to the user EVDOMAIN\evuser SID (S-1-5-21-2460365582-3136636228-3252893032-1120).  This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
and there are also :

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Storage Server
Event ID: 4190
Date:  1/25/2008
Time:  1:38:04 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: ALTCLNT1
Description:
An error occurred in the thread control of the Enterprise Vault .NET server processes
Error: <0x80131040>
Reference: LSM/cci
Additional Info: KVS.EnterpriseVault.SystemServerManager

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.veritas.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

bundash
Level 3
Hi,

I just installed MP3 for EV 6.0 and now it looks ok. Status is "Runnig" and I am able to add New Volume. So, maybe it was bug in EV 6.0 version???

Thanx.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Excellent!

Thanks for the post on your fix.