cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete a folder in Vault Cache EV 9.0.1

TElliott
Level 4

I have a user who is trying to delete a folder from thier Virtual Vault. When attempting this they receive an error message "You cannot delete this folder because it exists in your mailbox."  This only appears to be the case when attempting to delete content from migrated PST files. Deletions are allowed in the policy.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RichardG
Level 5
Employee

I assume that the non deletable folder path is not in the user's mailbox? If it is then that is why it cannot be deleted - Virtual Vault prevents operations on folders that have equivalent folders in the mailbox to prevent contention with the archiving agent and shortcut processing.

If these folders are definitely not in the mailbox, then it might be worth checking what the EV server is reporting to the Vault Cache sync on the client. You can do this from the client, logged in as the user with the problem. Use Internet Explorer to browse to:

http://EAEVMAIL01/EnterpriseVault/GetArchiveFolderHierarchy.aspx?archiveid=1C94B69FD868BE246B89A4F1C...

You should be able to see the folder structure in the XML returned and the value of the “ExistsInMbx” attribute. If ExistsInMbx is 1 then the server is telling the client that it should treat that folder as if it exists in the mailbox.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Is this happening just for thi user?

A COM error exception has been caught:80070005

Tru resetting the user's Vault Cache and then try deleting it again after the re-sync. I have seen this before I suspect it's either a bug or "work as designed" but you'll get confirmation if you log a case with Tech Support.

Hope that helps.

RichardG
Level 5
Employee

If not, then do an mailbox archive run, and then resync the Vault Cache on the client.

TElliott
Level 4

Yes an archive run has happened since the PST was migrated.

RichardG
Level 5
Employee

I assume that the non deletable folder path is not in the user's mailbox? If it is then that is why it cannot be deleted - Virtual Vault prevents operations on folders that have equivalent folders in the mailbox to prevent contention with the archiving agent and shortcut processing.

If these folders are definitely not in the mailbox, then it might be worth checking what the EV server is reporting to the Vault Cache sync on the client. You can do this from the client, logged in as the user with the problem. Use Internet Explorer to browse to:

http://EAEVMAIL01/EnterpriseVault/GetArchiveFolderHierarchy.aspx?archiveid=1C94B69FD868BE246B89A4F1C...

You should be able to see the folder structure in the XML returned and the value of the “ExistsInMbx” attribute. If ExistsInMbx is 1 then the server is telling the client that it should treat that folder as if it exists in the mailbox.