cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to retrieve archived file in the file server 2008 ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi,

I'd like to know why is that all in a sudden my archived file is unable to be opened with this error:

any kind of sugestion and idea would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you need to upgrade the metadata for the FSA vaul store.  If you look in the Upgrade_Instructions.pdf for EV 9 it is chapter 16.

If you use File System Archiving then after you have upgraded the Enterprise Vault servers you must upgrade the FSA metadata in the vault store databases to the new summarized format. The summarized metadata enables Enterprise Vault Reporting to generate some of its reports more efficiently. Enterprise Vault Reporting cannot report on the FSA items that were archived with previous versions of Enterprise Vault until you upgrade the existing FSA metadata.

You can use the FSA upgrade utility command-line tool to upgrade the FSA metadata.

You need to do this but it will not keep you from recalling items via a placeholder.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Is the place holder service running? is the filter loaded correctly?
Do any of the stubs open?
Does the file you try and open turn from a shortcut in to a regular file or is it still a shortcut?
can you open the item via Archive Explorer or Browser Search?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

and also is this the same server related to this thread you created?
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/faulting-module-enterprisevaultfsamdll-clustered-file...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi Jesus, yes it is related I guess ?

John_Santana
Level 6

OK, I've just found out this one in the critical error log "Vault stores with FSA data require upgrade"

does that means that my EV archived data which is about 12 TB across 12 VaultStore needs to be upgraded manually after the EV 8 into 9 upgrade ?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you need to upgrade the metadata for the FSA vaul store.  If you look in the Upgrade_Instructions.pdf for EV 9 it is chapter 16.

If you use File System Archiving then after you have upgraded the Enterprise Vault servers you must upgrade the FSA metadata in the vault store databases to the new summarized format. The summarized metadata enables Enterprise Vault Reporting to generate some of its reports more efficiently. Enterprise Vault Reporting cannot report on the FSA items that were archived with previous versions of Enterprise Vault until you upgrade the existing FSA metadata.

You can use the FSA upgrade utility command-line tool to upgrade the FSA metadata.

You need to do this but it will not keep you from recalling items via a placeholder.

John_Santana
Level 6

Many thanks Tony, its all good for now.