cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VALKYRIE.DLL crashes outlook 2007 tried several fixes

jroe
Level 4

outlook.exe continues to crash. machine was missing search 4.0 which I added and was on office sp2 which I upgraded to sp3.

ran ResetEVClient.exe several times

manually unregistered/reregistered dlls

ran fixmapi.dll before and after reboot

tried reinstalling the plugin

msvcr90.dll outlook.exe valkyrie.dll crash

any ideas without reimaging, renaming windows profile or outlook profile?

26 REPLIES 26

jroe
Level 4

I'll have to research that, I'm back Monday thank you Rob!

jroe
Level 4

Rob that appears to be exactly what happens. I believe the pst is marked and is ingested into EV. An engineer took a screenshot of the server which shows the pst file in its location in a "completing" state. My plan is to run scnapst on the file to attempt and repair it which is tedious.

I will research how to enable the logging if I can get time to work with the user.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Logging...

HKCU \ Software \ KVS \ Enterprise Vault \ Client

Set / Create, LoggingLevel, DWORD value 3

Start the client.. let it crach, post the log file.

And in the end you need to get a userdump of the crash and have it analysed by Symantec/Microsoft.

Working for cloudficient.com

jroe
Level 4

Have another user that contiues to crash from the personal folders. Ran the scanpst utility and it did not stop the issue.

tried /cleanprofile, /resetnavpane, /cleanviews outlook switches with the same issue. I was able to generate the log, not sure waht to do with it.

jroe
Level 4

It was the log file itself. I turned off the errors to "errors only" and it stopped crashing.

Side Issue 1: if they have a sharepoint list mailbox  (same issue that causes my.domain.com to load in outlook) right click and close this box)

-this normally appears in the bottom left area of their outlook folder list of mailboxes (right click and close)

Main Issue 2: Change logging from minimum or maximum to “errors only”

Outlook 2007: Ctrl+shift > select the vault icon to bring up the menu > change to errors only > ok

1. enable the plugin first in tools > trust center > addons
  1. select the disabled plugin and enable it. close outlook
  1. regedit (or go to c:\windows\system32 and right click and run with you’re a# account regedt32.exe)
  1. change the LoggingLeveL dword registry setting to 0
  2. hkey_current_user\software\kvs\enterprise vault\client
  3. relaunch outlook
  1. make sure the plugin for enterprise vault is enabled
  1. make sure their personal folders are mapped if needed. Otherwise the vault will find them and trickle them back in to the vault.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad you got it sorted.

One thing though is that the SharePoint list PST files isn't anything specific to the Enterprise Vault Outlook Addin.  SharePoint (or rather the end user) has opted to do that.

Working for cloudficient.com

jroe
Level 4

Thanks!

The sharepoint lists I believe get generated if a user has a mysite. Its more of a nuance feature in outlook that can be closed. I believe it was crashing due to the debug file though.

Outlook 2007: setting the debug level to "errors only" stopped the crashing

Outlook 2010: needed to be set at minimum (lvl 3) or higher in order to be remotely deployed to outlook 2010 windows 7 boxes sucessfully. Otherwise it would not appear to be running even if the add-on was enabled. For instance I changed the debug level to 0 in my registry and now the vault is disabled.

changing hkey_current_user\software\kvs\enterprise vault\client\logginglevel to 3 helps "show" the enterprise vault features again in outlook.

I hope this helps others.