Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Admin Console on EV Server Crashes

HolgerMu
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello Folks

IHAC who just migrated EV to 64Bit hardware and server 2008 R2 OS. Now we have the issue that when browsing for a System Mailbox in the EV Task the whole VAC freezes and you can not add a new archiving task.

When you perform the task from a remote admin PC with installed VAC everything works fine, browsing for the Sys-MBX works also.

The only difference I am guessing might be the installed Outlook on the new EV Server: Otlook 2007 SP3. Whereas the admin PC has 2003 SP3 installed.

The Exchange Server is V2003 Servicepack Something.

The EV Version is 9.0 SP2

Thanks for any Ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

actually i think this is a known problem, if you actually leave it for about 20 minutes, it will work , have the same issue in my environment as well, but thats because the environment i'm in is collossal, however other people said they have seen it with just 2000 users in their environment.

The only justification i've seen for it not being a high priority is that you won't really be browsing for the system mailbox on a daily basis, you should only have to do it only once in a shortwhile

You could use sql to update the tasks System Mailbox and give it the "SMTP:yourSystemMailbox@yordomain" address and then restart the task if you dont want to wait around for the VAC to respond

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Is the version of mmc the same on both servers? Try recreating the Admin Console mmc or at least getting a dtrace of mmc and agentclientbroker to see what causes the hang in conjunction with a crash dump of the process using adplus.

JesusWept3
Level 6

actually i think this is a known problem, if you actually leave it for about 20 minutes, it will work , have the same issue in my environment as well, but thats because the environment i'm in is collossal, however other people said they have seen it with just 2000 users in their environment.

The only justification i've seen for it not being a high priority is that you won't really be browsing for the system mailbox on a daily basis, you should only have to do it only once in a shortwhile

You could use sql to update the tasks System Mailbox and give it the "SMTP:yourSystemMailbox@yordomain" address and then restart the task if you dont want to wait around for the VAC to respond

HolgerMu
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Are you reffering to the issue when a Server has no internet connection? Checking of certificates fails etc.?

HolgerMu
Level 5
Partner Accredited

the mmc on the new server is the default mmc installed with server 2008 R2, the one on the old 2003 Server is I think 2.0...or whatever EV9.0 requires.

We will set up a DTRACE soon. Since we recreated the Archiving Task on the Admin PC we are set up for now. and Archiving as well as Restore is working.

JesusWept3
Level 6

erm, no, just that it takes forever, theres been a few posts here before in the forums where it takes a long long time to find the system mailbox