cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Cache download policy

Rukkot
Level 3

Hi all,

I've been reading several docs about vault cache, but I could not find one explaining what happens when vault cache is full.

Which is the followed policy for filling the vault cache? I supose that newest items are downloaded first, but I would like to confirm it by someone else (with more experience than me).  Once full, synchronization stops , right? And, when an item needs to be placed in the cache, the oldest stored is replaced with this new item. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, when the cache becomes full the oldest items are pushed out to make room for the newer ones..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, when the cache becomes full the oldest items are pushed out to make room for the newer ones..

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Newest chunks (.db files) are downloaded to Vault Cache first..  correct.  That'll carry on, until either the whole archive is downloaded, or the size limit is reached.

Once the limit is reached there, the download of the older items will stop.

Over time when new items need to be downloaded then the oldest 'chunk' will be deleted, to make way for the new items.

So your description is largely correct, but it's not individual items - it's .db files, ie chunks of data.

Working for cloudficient.com

Rukkot
Level 3

Thanks for your explanations.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Was anything else needed on this issue, or can one of the posts be marked as the solution?

Rukkot
Level 3

Hi Rob,

there was nothing more needed. I was only asking for an explanation. Your answer can be marked as a solution, if you like.

Regards,

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Well, okay..  please do so :)