cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Usage Report Issue

Chris_Scott_3
Level 3
I am experiencing a Vault Usage reporting issue with a journal recipient mailbox. It is reporting zero items and size. In fact, mail is being archived regularly by the journal mailbox task and the mailbox is being cleared out as normal. Discovery Accelerator can retrieve any item that is being journaled and picked up. I also checked the billing account reference to ensure that it is correct. Is there something else that I can try to fix this reporting issue?
5 REPLIES 5

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Chris,
This may be a permissions problem on the usage.asp. I usually recommend that you disable integrated windows permissions on this asp file (forcing you to logon with a \) account as a troubleshooting step. It's pretty easy to do/undo. Just go in to IIS, find the usage.asp in the EnterpriseVault web directory, right click for props, select the security tab, client security, and uncheck integrated windows auth (leaving basic on).

relaunch the page, and be sure to logon with the domain\VSA account. See if you get your proper values then,

micah

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Chris,
I should have asked first...can you get a proper report on the other archives?

micah

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Hi Chris,

Can we get a little more info about your environment? What kind of storage are you using? If you are using NTFS, check your vault store folder and try to verify the size of the folders and maybe try to find some of the dvs files of items you know can from that one journal mailbox.

If you are using Centera then check the Centera capacity and check the collections folder if you are using collections.

Chris_Scott_3
Level 3
The other Journal recipient mailboxes are reporting correctly, 11 of them. An insteresting piece of information I discovered about the maibox in question. In the console...Archives...Journal...Properties of the journal associated...permissions. The account that owns the mailbox had not been listed. I added it. The permissions were blank. I added grant (R,W,D) accross the board for it. This looks different compared to the others that have the perms listed in the Automatically set granted column.

Chris_Scott_3
Level 3
We use Centera with an NTFS collection location.