cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault creation failing with Event ID 3139

airfrog
Level 2
We use the EVPM command to create new vault's. Over the past few months we have noticed that, even thought the output from the EVPM command says "enabling mailbox", the vault is not always created. The Enterprise Vault log shows Event ID 3139:

An non-specific error has occurred whilst enabling archiving for the mailbox xxxxxxxx 
Error: False [0x1]

or:

An non-specific error has occurred whilst enabling archiving for the mailbox xxxxxxxxx 
Error: Success [0]

The creation process does not fail every time, more often then not it will work. I cannot find any link between the mailboxes that are failing (e.g. on the same Exchange server, being put in the same vault store, being in the same Active Directory OU, etc.).

The only information I have found about this on the Symantec website is:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287364.htm

All of the mailboxes that are failing are part of a provisioning group (many of those that fail are in the same OU as other mailboxes that have vaults created successfully).

Any help with this error would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Maverik
Level 6

I believe this can be caused by users that have been reprovisioned under a security of distribution group.  Dont believe there is a fix yet but hopefully soon.

Of course there could also be other reasons for this.  Do these same users always fail or perhaps work a second time you try?

Can you gget a dtrace of agentclientbroker when the 3139 is generated? Perhaps set up a trigger dtrace?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276120         

airfrog
Level 2
 Thanks for the reply.

I have tried setting up a few of the vaults that previously failed. They were created successfully.

I have set up DTrace. I have run EVPM a few more times. But, of course, all my tests so far have been successful! I will leave it running for a few days as we are bound to have a few more failures eventually.

Thanks for your help.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Do you need any more info here?
Please mark a post as a solution if it fits your needs.

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.