cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch File table has many items marked ItemSecured = True

MarkFoss
Level 3

Hello,

I have EV 8.0 SP3.  I use a Trigger File to mark backed up items and placed on by a Power Shell script.  I can't do archive bit backup checks because I have an HCAP vault store.

I have done tests where I place the Trigger File on my partitions and watched the Awaiting Backup numbers decrease.  However, I have a stopping point where they stop decreasing and it is in the high numbers (many thousands).  I reviewed the Watch File tables and found many items marked as ItemSecured = 'True'. 

Why are there still so many items in my Watch File tables when the Item is Secured?

12 REPLIES 12

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

it could be because that item contains another SISpart which is itself not secure yet. 
Goto the backup tab for the partition in sp3 you'll see additional information and that may be able ot identify if that's the issue or not.

Cheers,
Mike

MarkFoss
Level 3
My closed partitions show No Backup detected and scan never started. 

These partitions have been closed for many weeks when I was on SP 1.

Do I need to push a trigger file on all my closed partitions?  Would that help?

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,
It depends if there those partitions shows that there are items awaiting backup or not.  If they do then, yes you need to put a trigger file in there. 

Mike

MarkFoss
Level 3
Thanks,

I am now pushing out a trigger file to all my closed partitions.  However the awaiting backup numbers are not reducing.  I think I may have to open a Case on this to have this reviewed. 

Mark

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Have you take the vault stores in and out of backup mode so they will then try and pick up the trigger file right away?

Mike

MarkFoss
Level 3
Yes I have.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

can you put here a screenshot of the backup tab information?

MarkFoss
Level 3
I could not cut and past.  So, I added a file attachement with a screenshot of two of my open partitions.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

So you can see that both of those partition state
"Unsecured SiS parts in other partitions"

and it's a high number  so it's other partitions where there is an issue.  It's other partitions you need to be creating trigger files in.

Mike

MarkFoss
Level 3
So,  I will do this.  We are using SIS across all servers in the Site - including Journal servers.  I guess I need to create trigger files for all closed partitions.

MarkFoss
Level 3
I removed all old trigger files on all partitions across the Site.  I manually added new trigger files to every closed and open partition on our Site.  I turned on backup mode on my entire site and a couple minutes later, cleared backup mode.

I still have some partitions that say under the backup tab

Last item secured:  No backup detected
Last scan started: Never started.

I can write the trigger file to these partitions without any error.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

I think if a partition has no items awating backup at al then it doesn't need to do any scan whatsoever and so I think you would get the Last item secured and last scan started, showing the above.

The main thing is to see what happens with the partitions you are dealing with right now.