cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Message - EVPM

Scott_Lewis_2
Level 4
I am enabling email users using EVPM and LDAP (distribution group membership). I am running the EVPM and a LDAP query as a scheduled task. The Welcome Message is being sent to the new users and this is working well except mailboxes that have already been enabled from a previous run of the script are also getting the Welcome Message because their mailbox is getting "re-enabled" by the script. Does anyone know of a filter that would filter out mailboxes that are already enabled when running the EVPM script. Or is there a way of having the Welcome Message only sent when a mailbox is enabled and not re-enabled?
5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What version are you on?

There is a hotfix that support can send you for EV 6.

or upgrade to sp 1

Policy Manager notification messages when enabling or disabling mailboxes
If you used Policy Manager to enable a mailbox that had already been enabled for archiving, or to disable one that had already been disabled, then Policy Manager would still send a Welcome or Goodbye message to the mailbox.

This problem has now been fixed.

Scott_Lewis_2
Level 4
Thanks for the information. I am using EV SP2 but based on you information I found the issue. I was using

name = mailboxroot
zap = true

in my EVPM script to reset the folder archive settings. I found this was the only way to clear the retention settings from the mailboxes that had already been set. Our pilot users were able to modify their folder settings and I wanted them all re-set to our new settings now that we were going into production using the new setting defined in EVPM file. Even though I used

name = mailboxroot
Filtername = newsettings
Overridearchivelocks = true

it did not reset all folders to the newsettings. So if you use Zap = true it resets the folders but it also sends the Welcome Message when the mailbox is re-enabled. Any thoughts around this issue?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Does OverrideArchiveLocks just reset the mailbox root and not subfolders?

Is the Use Parent Folder settings box unchecked on those folders?

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
can you post the full script here.

Scott_Lewis_2
Level 4
Really not too much to the script. What I am finding is if the users had set retention period and classification, then the Overridearchivelocks = true is not re-setting the values. Since the folders were created by the users I do not know the folder names. For the system folders or folders that were not modified by the users the filter seems to work for all folders under the mailboxroot.

I have never found a way not to archive the Inbox but to archive all the sub-folders under the Inbox. Here is the script:

DirectoryComputerName =
SiteName =

LDAPquery =

name = 120day
CreateShortcut = true
DeleteOriginal = true
unreadMAIL= true
UseInactivityPeriod = true
InactivityUnits = days
InactivityPeriod = 120

name = mailboxroot
retentioncategory = AD1000