cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What email fields are indexed in EV 10?

Mark_Hallman
Level 2

I am looking for documentation of what email fields are indexed in EV.  Can anyone point me to that infomation? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is there something particular you are looking for?  Things such as author, subject, recipients, created date, file extension, retention category and so on are all indexed.

About Enterprise Vault indexing

Article:HOWTO57648  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2013-07-12  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO57648

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

Is there something particular you are looking for?  Things such as author, subject, recipients, created date, file extension, retention category and so on are all indexed.

About Enterprise Vault indexing

Article:HOWTO57648  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2013-07-12  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO57648

Mark_Hallman
Level 2

Particularly interested in receipent names (To, From, CC, BCC).  Looking for the different forms of a name and not thier email address.  John Doe or John Q. Doe or Doe, John, etc.  

Thanks for you interest/help. 

Mark_Hallman
Level 2

I am trying to fiure out the fastest way to search for all the email to/from a particular person so that it then can be exported to PST(s) for e-discovery production.  If it is faster to use thier email address I would like to know that.  If it does not matter if thier name or email address is used as the search criteria, then we would probably go with thier name.  

TonySterling

How are you doing the search, are you using Discovery Accelerator or Clearwell?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is anything else needed on this issue?

Working for cloudficient.com