cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best practice to access ex-employee mailboxes ?

John_Santana
Level 6

In EV 9.0.4, what is the best practice to access the Ex-employee mailboxes ?

Because I'm about to delete the Exchange mailbox and the AD account.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you can setup a zero day archiving policy so all the messages get archvived to EV and then grant access to the archive as needed

View solution in original post

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Mostly correct, whomever you give permission on the archive will be able to access, not necessarily Admins only.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you can setup a zero day archiving policy so all the messages get archvived to EV and then grant access to the archive as needed

John_Santana
Level 6

ok, before I delete the mailbox from Exchange Server, the check that I should do is to make sure that all email objects are archived.

and then after it is all archived, I can then delete the mailbox and AD account, so in this case the only way to access the email is from Archive Explorer as Enterprise Admin ?

TonySterling

Mostly correct, whomever you give permission on the archive will be able to access, not necessarily Admins only.

John_Santana
Level 6

Thanks to all for the response, so in this case I can now delete the AD account and the exchange mailbox. Hopefully it is all in the archive.

GertjanA

Hello John,

There is a KB somewhere which describes how to work with 'leavers'.

There also is a nice tool from QuadroTech, which is intended for this purpose. You run it, and it archives everything immediately. The licensed version will also turn the archive into a shared archive, and will disable the useraccount etc.

Check http://www.quadrotech-it.com/products/evtools/free/archive-leavers/ for more information.

regards

Regards. Gertjan

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I fully endorse what Gertjan says ;)

Working for cloudficient.com