cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to obtain Enterprise Vault Client for Mac OS X workstations?

SupportInCT
Level 2

Hello,

I provide Help Desk support for a university.  We are using the EV client for users with Outlook and integrate it with our Outlook webmail feature, but we don't deploy it to users with Macs using Entourage.  I'll be asking my system administator if he has the client, but I don't believe he does.  Is there somewhere I can download the client.  I suspect that I will need to provide some sort of account information or license number, which shouldn't be an issue if I can in fact download the client. 

Although, if you aren't using the Enterprise Vault on an enterprise server, what good is the client.  Shouldn't need a license to download, but it's a moot point anyway. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

its part of the full install media and would be located at

\Symantec Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP4\Client for Mac OS X\SymantecEnterpriseVaultClient.8.0.4.1046.dmg

You would indeed need to access the file connect portal to download the full server kit and then get the client, however if you have EV installed in your environment, you should be able to get it from the Administrator and where ever he/she stored the install binaries

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

its part of the full install media and would be located at

\Symantec Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP4\Client for Mac OS X\SymantecEnterpriseVaultClient.8.0.4.1046.dmg

You would indeed need to access the file connect portal to download the full server kit and then get the client, however if you have EV installed in your environment, you should be able to get it from the Administrator and where ever he/she stored the install binaries

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146