cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You do not have access to this vault.

e_ustun
Level 3

Hi guys, we have EV 9.0 and Exchange 2007 . 

When some users open an archieved item on OWA, this error message showsup. How can I solve this

Symantec Enterprise Vault - Error
You do not have access to this vault.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Typically i've seen that when either the EVAnon hasn't been set correctly or there was a problem with the proxycfg talking to the EV servers /EVAnon/ virtual directory.

you ran the OWAUser.wsf script and restarted the admin and synchronized each users mailbox correct?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is it all users for every item or just certain ones? Are they able to open those archived items in Outlook?

e_ustun
Level 3

hi, not all users, but some users. One user's every items.. I dont know about Outlook side, but I will ask to user if I can reach him.

e_ustun
Level 3

I added the users account to my Outlook Profile and verifyed that archived items are opening without problem. 

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Typically i've seen that when either the EVAnon hasn't been set correctly or there was a problem with the proxycfg talking to the EV servers /EVAnon/ virtual directory.

you ran the OWAUser.wsf script and restarted the admin and synchronized each users mailbox correct?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

UnklErn
Level 2

Receiving same error messages on Exchange 2007 SP3 / EV 9.3

"Symantec Enterprise Vault - Error  You do not have access to this vault"  Performed user sync with same results.

"

e_ustun
Level 3

hi, I will run the owauser.wsf script but I dont know what the password of the evowauser. I can reset the password but may be it is written in some config files ? Can I reset the password ?

e_ustun
Level 3

I got the same error window

UnklErn
Level 2

FIX: OWA Symantec Enterprise Vault - Error (EV v9.0.3)

From what I found, the issue is related to permissions.  Unknown reason of why but some mailbox users permission need to be ZAP.  This process will show how as it has work for me:

1. Navigate to Enterprise Vault > Site Name > Archives > Exchange Mailboxes

2. Right-Click and select Properties of user and select the Permissions tab.

3. Highlight user name and select Grant permission under Manually Set.

4. Navigate to Site Name, expand Mailbox Management and click Syncronize Exchange Mailboxes

5. Select the Evault server that user mailbox is on, expand and select Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for..... and select OK

6. Under the Synchronization tab, select Selected mailboxes and select all check boxes and select Synchronize

7. In the Mailbox Filter dialog box, next to Contains, enter user Full Name and select OK

8. User name should appear under Select one or more Mailboxes and select OK

9. The sync process will begin on the user(s) selected

10. Clear out all cookies in Internet browser before testing in OWA,

If error, repeat the steps above but add the EVault Admin account and grant full rights to user mailbox on step 3.  Remove the account afterwards if test is successful.