cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Space in Vault Partition

NandakumarBalak
Level 2

Hi,

One of my NTFS Partition is filled up storing archives and came down to ZERO bytes.

Impact : archived mails stopped working and throws the error " Cannot open the item"

How to resolve the problem?

Thanks

Nanda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think you misunderstand my question. EV doesn't just store dvs files on a drive, there has to be a folder structure. 

If you look in the Vault Admin Console at the Vault Store how many partitions are there?  You can't just move groups of dvs files.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

Is there anything on the drive that can be moved or deleted?

How many Vault Store Partitions do you have?  If you have more than one you are able to move one off to another drive.  Use this technote:

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35742

NandakumarBalak
Level 2

Thanks for the response.

Affected Drive contains only DVS files.

Whether we can move the DVS files to a newer partition to gain some space in affected disk drive and open a new vault partition to carry over existing archival tasks?

We are using EV 7.5 SP4.

Thanks,

Nanda

TonySterling

I think you misunderstand my question. EV doesn't just store dvs files on a drive, there has to be a folder structure. 

If you look in the Vault Admin Console at the Vault Store how many partitions are there?  You can't just move groups of dvs files.

GertjanA

Hello Nanda,

Your best bet is to extend the diskspace if possible.

You might want to check for files having an extention of archdvs (*.archdvs) which can be removed. If you use cab-files (collections), move those to a secondary location.

You could try to mount a drive as a VMP in that full partition, to see if that works.

Regards. Gertjan