Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app error in EV Office Mail APP

Daniel_R_
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys,

I´m Deploying EV Office Mail App for OWA Access in Exchange 2013, when I open Enterprise Vault banner in the email body get error message "app error". I tried get more details with F12 debbug tools but the message no sense for me.

SCRIPT5009: 'Office' is undefined

OfficeMailApp.htm, line 20 character 9

I verified and test certificates, communications, XML-manifest without problems.

Any idea?

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

have you tried a from different browser and/or a different computer?

Daniel_R_
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Yes, with the same results, we have EV 11.0

The EV Office Mail App with Outlook works fine.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

can you paste the script/command you used to deploy the app?

Daniel_R_
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Of course, attach the script with a little changes and output

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>$Mbx = get-mailbox "user"

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>New-App -mailbox $Mbx.LegacyExchangeDN -Url ("https://ev-app.domain.com.mx/EnterpriseVault/Offi
ceMailAppManifest.aspx?LegacyMbxDn=" + $Mbx.LegacyExchangeDN)

DisplayName                             Enabled                                 AppVersion
-----------                             -------                                 ----------
Enterprise Vault                        True                                    1.0

dAncer
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

I've got the same issue in my LAB environment and have been drilling down into the issue.

The solution is easy: the machine (where You've opened Internet Explorer to browse OWA and use EV mail app) needs to have available internet connection.

The script reads some mail app definitions from Mircrosoft and uses them to further load EV mail app. If the internet connection is not available - the entire procedure fails with the mentioned error:

SCRIPT5009: 'Office' is undefined.

Hope this will help!