cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client-driven migration has not been selected for this pst file

rouute
Level 6
how come some pst files get migrated and some do not? for instance one user will have a pst get migrated and the same user will have one or two thats says "client-driven migration has not been selected for this pst file". Why would EV say that baout one pst and not another? Those pst files also say "Do Not Migrate" but changing them to "Ready to Copy" doesnt change anything.

How do you select the individual pst file to be a client driven pst file?

these pst are on the same local C drive.

do those have to go via server side?
7 REPLIES 7

rouute
Level 6
I checked a pc and found the following:

After looking at log – the pstimport setting is set to 0, the setting should be a 1. The registry should also have the below entry but did not.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client\PSTImportEnabled = 1

is ok to modify the client log so the pstimport setting is a 1?

John_Mason
Level 3
Employee
The registry is not going to contains that setting. That is a setting that is contained in the Hidden messages of the mailbox or OST file(which may be the cause). I would try disabling that user for PST Migration in  the VAC and then do a SYNC. Once it has sync open Outlook and if in Cache mode then wait for the OST file to update and then close Outlook. Then re-enable the user for PST Migration and again SYNC. See if this changes that field automatically in the Hidde Messages. If not then you have a issue with the sync not happening or the OST file not taking the update.

rouute
Level 6
SYNC?

rouute
Level 6
I got it.

rouute
Level 6
tried that approach, client drivend pst migration still not enabled.

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified

It sounds like the PST may have been originally located by the Server side migrator task.  So the Client checks the database and finds that PST already listed.

If that is the case, then you can delete that PST job from the GUI and then retry the Client migration.   It should mention the migration type in the job listing.

rouute
Level 6
i think you muissing the point, the clinet isnt even being enabled for client pst migration

the log should have pst enabled =1 in it.