Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

concurrent move archive

ElGringo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Does anyone knows how can I increase concurrent move archive operation in EV8.0 ?

The only parameter I found is "ProcessorThreadcount"  (in evMoveArchiveTask.exe.config) which increase speed of single movearchive but does not increase the number of simultaneous move archive. By default, EVmovearchive task move only 2 archive simultaneously..

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not sure if it is present in EV 8 but on the properties of the Move Archive Task on the Settings tab do you the option there to set the number of archives?

Number of concurrent move operations. Set the number of archives that this task can move concurrently.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

TonySterling

Not sure if it is present in EV 8 but on the properties of the Move Archive Task on the Settings tab do you the option there to set the number of archives?

Number of concurrent move operations. Set the number of archives that this task can move concurrently.

ElGringo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Unfortunately, with EV8,  there is no Setting tab on the properties of the Move Archive Task 

TonySterling

In that case I am not sure how you would change that.  Maybe open a case to see if it is even possible?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

ElGringo, were you able to figure this out? how many archives do you have to move?

ElGringo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

No way to move more than 2 archives concurrently with EV8 !

So, the move speed is aboot 30k items/hour ...

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Edit the EVTaskGuardian.exe.config file within the Enterprise Vault installation folder and update the following:

<add key="ProcessingSlots" value="5"/>

The default is 2. 

You may need to add the key. Also this technote will help you improve performance for EV Move Archive - http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37717

ElGringo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I already tryed this. But I doesn't seems to increase the concurent movearchive operation ...

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Try dtracing move archive and that way you should see the config file values being read (or not as the case may be)

Moorthipvm
Level 3

In EV Server, go to the installation folder and open "EVMoveArchiveTask.exe.config" in notepad, increase the vaule of "ProcessorThreadsCount" and restart the EV Task controller service.

add key="ProcessorThreadsCount" value ="10"

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

ElGringo, was it concluded that you tried all of the ideas that the folks gave you and none worked?

ElGringo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

unfortunately, none worked