cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference in display between Outlook and Archive Explorer

Zenworks2001
Level 5

Hi,

I'd like to expose some strange behavior concerning a Vault for one of our client.

Some shortcuts in Outlook can be read but can't be find in Archive Explorer (AE).  I've done some research based on subject, contents and ... nothing in AE. Structure in Archive explorer seems to be Ok. Way to resolve this issue would be to rebuild index but size of this Vault is high.

If you've some ideas.

Many tx in advance.

Kr

3 REPLIES 3

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Do these shortcuts actualy belong in this archive. Open up the shortcut and see if the Vault Id matches that of the user in question

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Agreed completely with Marvin, you need to select the shortcut,
go to Help -> About Enterprise Vault -> Tech Info (button)
then scroll down to where it shows "HIDDEN MESSAGES IN FOLDER"
Underneath here you should have one that says "Archive ID"
Make a note of this and then scroll down to Selected Items and underneath that is "Archvie ID", do the Archive ID's match?

If not then the shortcut like Marvin suggested belongs to someone else.
Copy the archive ID on the Selected Item and then open up the Vault Admin Console
Press CTRL-SHIFT and right click "Archives" and click "Find Archive or Folder", pase in the ID that you got previously, and it will show you what archive it belongs to.

If the item DOES belong to you or the primary user, then the first thing to do is open the Vault Admin Console, find the user in the archives list, go to the properties of their archive and then go to "Index Volumes" tab........if you scroll across to the right do you see "Failed Items" set to anything other than NULL or 0?

If it does have failed items, right click the index and go to Repair and this will attempt to reindex the missing items.

If it is set to 0 then go back to outlook where you have the Selected Item listed and make a copy of the Saveset ID.

Next go to http://yourEVServer/EnterpriseVault/Search.asp?Advanced

At the bottom go to Other Attribute
In Name type "SSID"
In Value paste the Saveset ID you got earlier

So for instance your SSID might be

291911190160428~20110111111425290000~Z~60D69C7116EAB986E841D664C6746A1

Once you have that pasted, hit the search button then you should see

RE: The Subject of your email
my Archive - Thursday November 11, 2010 9:25:29AM - my Folder - myRetention Category

Go to the folder it lists in AE and you should then see it

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Zenworks2001
Level 5

Hi Guys,

From Outlook, I've noted archive ID and do a search from Vault admin console: shortcut belongs to the correct mailbox. Then, I've checked Index (from Vault admin console): Status is "normal" and failed items is "Not Set" (what this means?).

When I do a search (from Vault admin console) based on archive ID, I observe following section is missing:

Archive Folder ID:
Folder Name:
Folder Path:

Concerning advanced search, no result based on SSID (as I've not done a rebuild and I want to avoid this step).

KR,