cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ignoring unrecognized flags

Will_Restore
Level 6

NetBackup Problem Report has an entry when each Enterprise Vault policy runs (we have the recommended four):

<date/time>  <media server>  <EV frontend host>   ignoring unrecognized flag(s)

I have not been able to find anything in Symantec documention, forum search, or even Google

The tasks complete with Status 0 though I am curious what/where these flags are all about.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

evidently one of those switches being passed is invalid. i ran this by one of our NBU experts here at Trace3 and he is thinking along the same lines. also suggested that it might be a bug in the specific version of NBU that you're on. however, since the job progresses anyhow, it doesnt seem like anything major.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB

what version of EV and NBU? can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

fwiw, i looked in the NetBackup for Enterprise Vault Agent Administrator's Guide and dont see any reference to this.

Will_Restore
Level 6

EV 10.0.2

NBU 7.1.0.3

no screenshots, sorry

in addition to Problems Report as shown above I see this in bpbrm log from NetBackup Master:

logparams:  -discovery  -c <EV host>  -ct 39  -S <NBU Master>  -st 1  -fi -fim auto  -secure 1

bpbrm main:  ignoring unrecognized flag(s)

AndrewB

evidently one of those switches being passed is invalid. i ran this by one of our NBU experts here at Trace3 and he is thinking along the same lines. also suggested that it might be a bug in the specific version of NBU that you're on. however, since the job progresses anyhow, it doesnt seem like anything major.