cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

journal items in pending mode

goof717
Level 5

Hi - After I did an upgrade from EV 9.01 to EV 9.03 there were some emails that got stuck in pending mode in the journal mailbox.  the journaling task is runnning and looks to be functioning properly because all emails after the upgrade are archiving just fine.  I was thinking to delete the pending emails but I know that isnt the best solution and so far no luck with Symantec support...they asked to recreate the issue.  ha. no offense but I really cant re-create an upgrade.  I have tried to restart the journaling tasks...restarted the server.  even took some of the pending emails out of the inbox and moved them to the desktop and moved back into the mailbox and now I just have duplicates.  

any thoughts?  i appreciate the time and effort.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Don't delete them, simply change the journal task to use a shortcut pending timeout
Go to your journal policy and then go to Advanced and look for "Pending Shortcut Timeout"
Set this to something like 7 days, then synchronize your journal mailbox through the task and then restart the task.

Do not whatever you do though go and use the Cancel Pending button in the EV Toolbar as it causes problems down the road

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6

Don't delete them, simply change the journal task to use a shortcut pending timeout
Go to your journal policy and then go to Advanced and look for "Pending Shortcut Timeout"
Set this to something like 7 days, then synchronize your journal mailbox through the task and then restart the task.

Do not whatever you do though go and use the Cancel Pending button in the EV Toolbar as it causes problems down the road

goof717
Level 5

I should go back enough days as to when the journal mailbox got stuck in pending mode..so if it was last weekend..7-10 days should suffice. thanks again. I will let you know how it goes.

goof717
Level 5

it doesnt look like that worked.  i am still seeing the same pending archives from before. anything I should check for in the logs?  there was nothing indicating the sync was started or stopped? 

JesusWept3
Level 6
What did you set it to? If it happened some weeks ago putting the timeout to 5 would be fine as that would be anything five days and older And when you sync the mailbox you should choose it manually and it will come back there and then whether the sync was successful

goof717
Level 5

I had set it to 10 days but the oldest was 7 days. I lowered it to 5 and it all has archived.  

JesusWept2- you are da man!  i appreciate your time and help.  

do you have any recommendations on what I can use to learn more on EV10 besides the admin guide? or is that really it...