Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving archives

mias
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hey

I’m having a problem with the move archive task. The move process is working fine but it is pretty slow. Is it possible to change the number of active archives there can be moved on the same time, at the moment I can only move 5 archives at same the time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hmm, maybe it is controlled in the config settings for EV 9  evmovearchivetask.exe.config

In EV Server, go to the installation folder and open "EVMoveArchiveTask.exe.config" in notepad, what is the vaule of "ProcessorThreadsCount" ?

Here is this if you have seen it

EV Whitepaper - Move Archive Feature Overview (November 2011).pdf (1 MBytes)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

What version of EV are you?  In EV 9 and above there are setting on the properties of the Move Task

mias
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Is it possible that you cut past at screen dump of this setting?  because I cannot find it in my version 9

TonySterling

Hmm, maybe it is controlled in the config settings for EV 9  evmovearchivetask.exe.config

In EV Server, go to the installation folder and open "EVMoveArchiveTask.exe.config" in notepad, what is the vaule of "ProcessorThreadsCount" ?

Here is this if you have seen it

EV Whitepaper - Move Archive Feature Overview (November 2011).pdf (1 MBytes)

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

You may want to look at the EV 9.0 Performance Guide.  There is a section for Move Archive (Chapter 16).

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC2817

This discusses the Move Archive Parameters and how they interact with each other (Concurrent Moves and Number of threads per, etc).

Hope this helps.