cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

off-topic: Beta exam anyone?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I was curious to learn if anyone has taken the Beta exam for EV2007 for Exchange. I have, and found it relatively good to make. No score yet, as the results have to be assesed by Symantec.

I found the way the questions were stated clear (as being a non-native english speaker), and also found most choices forcing you to really think about the answer.

Thanks for your remarks.

Again, just curious, and totaly off-topic.

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

Hi all,

PASSED - 83

Topic closed...

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Yes, I have taken the exam about a month ago, haven't got score yet, too ;)

Most of the questions were logical, but I think some of them were "heavy" for the target audience of an end-user (Administrator), and some of them were unclear.

But the majority was good, and it's good to see that they are not too easy, that the exam will really mean that the User has understood the concepts behind EV, and has a solid understanding of EV Administration.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

LBrignol
Level 4
Partner Certified
I too have taken the Beta Exam and agree with MichelZ, the questions were not easy, but did make me think as well.  I too am waiting to see if I passed.  :)

Stanley7175
Level 3

I took the exam last week & also awaiting for results . Most of the questions are logical & not that easy unless you have a good experience in enterprise level.

The problem i think would be not all company's would use all products which comes with enterprise vault making it more difficult & taking chances at best guess.

Lets hope we pass Smiley Wink

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I took the exam three weeks ago and still waiting on results. I found that  most of the questions were easy enough to understand but some of them were very vague.

I also think that the exam did not touch on all the features of EV and concentrated mainly on the Mailbox archiving / OWA side of EV. It pretty much ignored FSA and Journaling. (only 3 of 4 questions directed to FSA/Journaling)

It also pretty much ignored features like DA and CA.

I also agree with Stanley7175 about not all people use all the features and others use the software for Journaling and FSA and never touch Mailbox Archiving. These IT staff will struggle with the exam and have little chance of getting certified.

A suggestion would be that they create seperate exams for each feature and then also offer a EV masters exam that covers all of the EV features in one.

This way the IT who only use some of the features can get certified in the areas they use and then the people who use all the features can get certified as EV Masters

I wish everyone good luck and I hope we all pass

Liam

MichelZ
Level 6

Hi guys

Do not confuse the Exam!

It's called

"Administration of Symantec Enterprise Vault 2007 Exchange"

So it's only logical that there are no FSA/CA/DA/Domino/Sharepoint questions...

Cheers

Michel

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
So from your answer does it mean that Symantec are planning on creating exams for FSA/ DA and CA?

MichelZ
Level 6

Don't know that...

Would be worth a question to the Cert forum.

Cheers

Michel

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Looks like you got there before me. I Just saw your post Smiley Tongue

doctortt
Level 6

Is the exam for the EV certification or something?  Is it like MCSE, CCNA and etc? You take the exam(s) and get certified?  Is this new because I've never heard of certification for EV?

MichelZ
Level 6

Yes doctortt, it is EV Certification, taken on a Prometric facility.

This is new, and currently in beta. You will be able to take the "real" exam, soon, I think

Cheers

Michel

Stanley7175
Level 3

Scanner001 , as MichealZ said that it is "Administration of EV 2007" exam & will not cover products like CA, DA & FSA etc.. Anyways you should have also gotton the exam objectives link which explains all the different sections the certification is based on. Having said that i did not find any documentation on "Indexing" on any of the administartion guide document.

My whole prepeartion for exam is my 1+ year of experience managing EV & referring to study guide. & Oh by the way my company did not implement Public folder archiving & OWA, so i had to rely completely on just the study guide & never attended any training.

doctortt
Level 6
Hi there, where can I get (or purchase) the study guide? I'm also searching for books on EV to get familiar with the product but no luck. Although the administrator guide is good, but I think the information is vague and lack of examples.

Stanley7175
Level 3

What i meant from study guide was i was referring to two PDF's which comes with install CD

1. Symantec Enterprise Valut Administration Guide Windows 2007
  2. Symantec Enterprise Vault Installing & Configuring 2007

The documents are usually available in EV folder under program files where EV is installed or talk to your EV rep for a copy of it.

In  my experience the books only gives you basic knowledge, the real experience comes when you actually work on product, there are so many things which are not covered in books. on example would be on troubleshooting how we use Dtrace & also EVcentera cheker when there are problems with backup synchronisation etc.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Has anyone gotten their results yet????

GertjanA

Hello Scanner001,

I understood it might take 6 to 8 weeks before results are being handed to candidates. I do not know if this is after actually having taken the exam, or after the beta period has ended.

I took my exam oct 6th, so expect to hear something on or after 17 november

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
I took mine October 3rd. So i guess we will both get our results around the same time

Mojorsn
Level 5

I thought the exam was pretty good, a lot of repitition, but this is probably due to trying to find the best way to word the questions.

I also thought some of the wording wasn't clear.  For example they would use the phrase locate/migrate and then server driven in another question....

Waiting like the rest for my results.. 

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

OK the signup to the certification pages have been sent tout for some today. Has anyone gotten their results yet?

I expect mine in the next day or two 

MichelZ
Level 6

Yes, I got a mail that Exam Results have been posted to CertTracker.

But I can only see that I have enrolled in the Exam, no result yet :(

Hoping for tomorrow ;)

Cheers

Michel