cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems restoring e-mail

Karl_Schilla
Level 2
Hello,

one of our user get the errorcode -2147417851 when he tries to open a certain messages, other messages work fine. He can restore the message normally, any ideas?

We use Enterprise Vault 6 with sp4 on a Windows 2003 server the clinet is a Windos XP client.

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Hanson
Level 6
Employee
What version of EV are you running?

EV 7 = Use the EVCLient utility to reset the Forms cache

EV 6 and before, log on as an Admin to the client machine, make sure outlook is closed

delete frmcache.dat, extend.dat, and usrclass.data (all within the User's profile) some may be hidden files.

then open Outlook as the USer, the error should be gone.

Karl_Schilla
Level 2
Hello,

I have tried this by another user which is having the exact same problem, but no luck, the error stays.

We Use Enterprise Vault 6 SP4 on Exchange 2003

regards,

Karl Schilla

Message Edited by Karl Schilla on 05-31-200704:28 AM

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
On the EV Server in the EV installation folder (typically c:\program files\enterprise vault) if it does not already exist already create a file called WebApp.ini (using Notepad), write in the file the line:

DefaultFormatType=ANSI.
Save the as Unicode (in the Encoding type on the Notepad save dialog box) and synchronize the Mailbox Archiving Task (using the Vault Admin. Console).

Also, restart any open Outlook.
Note: The entry above that you add to the WebApp.ini file is case sensitive;

Karl_Schilla
Level 2
Hello,

it does not make any diiference.

the strange part is, that when I grant myself access to the users's Vault, I can open the message without any problems.

Even when I grant the user explicit all rights, he still cannot open the archived message.

regards,

Karl Schilla

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
In the mailbox policy try advanced desktop settings try setting the download format to MSG from DVS and try again after synchronizing the mailbox.

Karl_Schilla
Level 2
Hello,

the setting allready was to download the archived Item in .MSG format.

Karl

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Can you grab a client log for that user trying to open that message?